Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adios Holster

TeCZas

I skipped a match last Sunday and went to the range to practice instead. Good thing because about 15 minutes into the practice my holster fell completely off the belt. All three screws had come loose. Gun was in hand but if I was at a match it probably would have been holstered and I would have been munching on Dilly Bars at the DQ The next stop was the Mega - Lo Mart to get some blue Loctite. We focus so much on keeping our magazines & guns maintained that we sometimes forget the little things. Lesson learned.

If the gun hits the ground and you are not running a stage, just don't pick it up and you will be OK. Call an RO and have them clear it. (10.5.14)

I would say having your holster fall off with the gun in it would get you a 10.5.3 after make ready. Never had it happen while I was running a stage but..........

Had one where the holster came apart as he was holstering. He held on to the gun so it did not go down. While he held it pointed down range we got the screws back in enough that he could holster it and then take the entire belt over to the safety area. Fortunately many of us work with tools so we had every possible combination of phillips, flat and torx available along with some loctite to hold it more permanently.