Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Gunsmith Choices

Why1504

The most obvious is the loading port work. Everything else is about the same. What is most important in a shotgun match?? Loading.

The shotgun going bang when you press the trigger is most important... LOL

Mike at AI did mine and I love it. He is hard to get ahold of at first, but since I've had it back and have his cell number he is pretty quick to respond to questions. Since then a friend has sent his in and he is equally impressed

A friend of mine has a TTI gun, mainly because he couldn't get ahold of Mike and the craftsmanship on them is top notch as well.

Just looked at Steve Rose. No decisions yet but he is about 3 hours from my house. Just based on location I will consider using RAS.

I don't doubt Taran does great work but I don't really like the idea of sending a gun to CA. Unless I am missing something you get great style with Taran but no difference in performance over Accurate, Benny Hill, Steve Rose.......

If I am wrong here please explain the difference.

There is something to be said for having your gunsmith nearby. That's why I shoot an Accurate Iron Benelli. When I forget to tighten all the screws and my gun flies apart I can drive over to Mike's house and get it fixed just like I did this morning.

I have also had a Benny gun and Steve Rose cut and threaded a barrel for me. Haven't owned a TTI shotgun yet but Taran did bend a barrel for me once that was shooting way way off. All of these places will get you where you're going.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Benny made sure I was taken care of when I had a shotgun go down a month before ironman one year and couldn't get the parts in time to fix it. The nice lady on the phone heard my dilemma and said she would call me back. I figured yeh right not waiting on that phone call. 10min latter she called and said she found a 24" M2 and was heading to pick it up right then if I said I wanted it. Sold on Benny and his staff.