Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ISSC M22 vs S&W M&P22

Thought I would share my experience with two pistols in my recent possession. Saw some half way decent reviews of the ISSC M22 pistol and thought I would try one out. The hope was that it would fit in the sme holster as my Glock 22, would point similarly, and would be a decent training tool for others I instruct who are recoil sensitive. Paid $349.00 and got this..

IMG_20130630_165645_zpsa130ffc2.jpg

Felt good in the hand, shot decent. Put 200 rounds through it with two jams. The compensator shot loose, this time and every time I shot it. Was shooting Winchester match solids. Tried the bulk pack Winchester plated hollowpoints with no luck at all. Next day I went trying to find more ammo, finally found some Rem Golden Bullets and CCI Mini Mags. Started getting failure to extract issues. Emailed the importer, told not to use lead bullets. Scrubbed the chamber, but still getting fail to extract. Another email stated that there had been an extractor update, to send in my serial number. I did, and was told that this was from a different, out of business importer, that they would fix the gun, but I would pay shipping and for the parts.

Now I'm not happy, I have a brand new pistol that isn't covered by warranty. What if it completely stops working next month? I called the local gunshop where I bought it, told him about the emails. He contacted the distributor who elected to take the gun back and issue a credit. I sent it back. However, this is a fairly high volume gunshop that I am sure can bring reason to the issue. What if itr hadn't been?

The gunshop recommended the S&W M&P22, he had one in stock, and it was $10.00 cheaper to boot. Took this gun home. I had a mix of CCI Powerpoints and Winchester bulk pack coated hollowpoints. The S&W ate everything I fed it without a bobble. Sights are regulated a little high, but will work on that. The S&W comes with a 12 round magazine that I could rip through time and time again without incidet.

IMG_20130712_151932_zpsb504b028.jpg

Also fits perfectly in this eagle paddle holster I found on sale for, I think, $13.00.

IMG_20130712_151950_zpsa7b9f47b.jpg

The S&W is a great feeling, great shooting gun. Around 450 rounds down tube now, no problems.

• 5 weeks later...

K22X-TRIM02_zpsf91a18be.jpg

I have high hopes for this one when it arrives. It uses the identical frame to the X-Calibur or K100, same trigger, etc. Besides being in rimfire, the only thing that sets it apart from it's centerfire brother is a barrel pinned to the frame insert.

I like the idea of a rimfire training gun, especially for the winter months. Doesn't do much good to bother with a glorified toy version.

I've enjoyed every minute of my M&P 22. Lead high velocity ammo does gum up the bore but it all comes out readily after 2-300 rounds. Mine has 4,000 rounds downrange and I feed it whatever ammo I can find. Recently got a taller Dawson front sight but haven't tried it yet.

I only wish I could find another couple mags at palatable prices!

Mark

I've enjoyed every minute of my M&P 22. Lead high velocity ammo does gum up the bore but it all comes out readily after 2-300 rounds. Mine has 4,000 rounds downrange and I feed it whatever ammo I can find. Recently got a taller Dawson front sight but haven't tried it yet.

I only wish I could find another couple mags at palatable prices!

Mark

Buy the 10 Round mags. They are exactly the same mag as the 12 round. When you get them remove the base pad, on the bottom of the mag spring you will see a sliver round rod. It is the limiter to make this 10 rounds. Very easy to remove. The reinstall base pad and WOW you got a 12 round. :devil: