Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Back Issue of S.W.A.T. Magazine

I now have a contract from Krause to write a book for them tentatively titled Mastering Defensive Pistol Match Shooting. In this book I am, among other things, going to make the case that "combat" handgun competition is an excellent way for a person to build a skill level with a gun in their hand that can serve them well in a real conflict involving firearms. One of the things I'd like to do in this book is a chapter reprinting the text of my old two-part article on Jim Cirillo's gunfights from S.W.A.T. Magazine (based on a long interview I did with Jim) as an example of what happens when a highly trained competitor gets into real gunfights. The problem is that the issue of S.W.A.T. containing the second part of the article is literally the only magazine ever to published an article of mine where I don't actually own a copy of the issue in question. Does anyone out there in the Enosverse Group Mind happen to own - or know anyone who might have a copy of - that issue I might buy from them, or at the very least get a paper copy or a scan of the text? This would be the October 1999 issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-A-T-SWAT-Magazine-FOR-THE-PREPARED-AMERICAN-October-1999-/390587163788?pt=Magazines&hash=item5af0cf248c&nma=true&si=26EelPjpsxiqvfN2cfhgPwt%252Fd9E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Here is a link an auction on eBay that did not get a bid, and ended in May of this year. Maybe you can contact the seller andsee if he still has it.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately eBay is being pissy about accepting the user name and password I just set up. I mean they accepted them, but now they won't recognize them when I'm trying to sign in, in order to send the guy a message. I've gone through the "Call me" procedure now - which of course they haven't. :rolleyes:

As the author, I'm really surprised that you cannot call the magazine and ask for an article reprint or a back issue.

The editor had copies of all back issues until his house burned down in 2005. He's been buying back issues ever since but October 1999 has not been one of them.

As the author, I'm really surprised that you cannot call the magazine and ask for an article reprint or a back issue.

The editor had copies of all back issues until his house burned down in 2005. He's been buying back issues ever since but October 1999 has not been one of them.

Damn, he never told me he needed back issues. I've been dropping 10+ year old issues into APO care packages as I find them when I crack open old moving boxes etc