Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech DOH not keeping gun within 2" - Got any fixes?

Bunchies95

I measured the offest of my gun in preparations for my first trip to Nationals. It measued 2.5", no bueno. I am using a Bladetech DOH holster for my XDm 5.25. I bought it before Bladetech made a holster specific to the 5.25" model so I had to cut the bottom off. I am thinking of either bending the offest bracket or putting a spacer between the holser and my leg.

What is the best method to enusre my holster keeps the gun in a legal position? Any better holsters out there?

With a lot of the blade-tech DOH holsters you have to shim the attachment in order to push the grip closer to the belt. You can use some steel washers.

Also measure the cut away to make sure it's within .5" of the bottom of the ejection port.

Originally my DOH did not make the 2" limit, so I took a couple of thin washers and placed them in-between the lowest of the 3 screws that attach the holster to the off-set portion. It cants the top of the pistol towards your body and shortens the gap. The number of washers used will depend on the thickness of the washers and how much space you need to cover.

Originally my DOH did not make the 2" limit, so I took a couple of thin washers and placed them in-between the lowest of the 3 screws that attach the holster to the off-set portion. It cants the top of the pistol towards your body and shortens the gap. The number of washers used will depend on the thickness of the washers and how much space you need to cover.

+1

Or you could just get out your hair dryer and bend the kydex a little. Leave the gun in the holster when you do this, for obvious reasons.

Kydx is pretty easy to work with. No special tools required for minor modifications to holsters, mag pouches, etc.