Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Revolver Division

Carlos

Our monthly match (www.shootersparadise.com) was a classifier & I managed to borrow a revolver holster for my bone stock 625 as well as 3 moonclip holders; I enjoyed shooting it so much that I took the revolver out today to B.J. Norris' match (North Mountain).

This gun is great to shoot! Very accurate & I found myself shooting more Alphas than I usually do. Virtually no recoil (625s are quite heavy). SUre it needs a cylinder chamfering but it works. Also, the gaming aspect of thinking in multiples of SIX instead of 10 or 20 is very different for this Limited/Production shooter. Not quite ready to hang up my usual USPSA hardware, but still a very good time. If you have never tried Revolver, take the plunge.

Great post Carlos. I have been shooting revolver several times since nationals, and I couldn't agree with you more. Accuracy and low recoil in my 646. Not a perfect match, but I did get all alpha's with it on a 24 round stage today. Revolver can be a nice break from the Limited race-gun scene. I find it quite relaxing.

Forgot to add that the match began in the rain & the 625 is currently the only stainless steel gun I own. That, along with the mud/wet grass slowing everyone else down too, made my stage times lower than I expected (though final results pending & the auto shooters still dominated). In all, a really great time!

Revolver results from the classifier match are posted on www.shootersparadise.com under the USPSA Club section. Looking like I will possibly shoot into C class, though the high hit factors are not known so its impossible to say.

Douglas

TY-44934

Carlos,

Keep coming towards the light :D

Revolver is great fun to shoot and you will find that, at most shoots, the revolver shooters nearly always gather together and visit. Nice bunch of folks.

Cylinder chamfering is easy to do-I chamfered my wife's 610 and 610 backup yesterday. It does make a difference.

Have fun,

Dave

Sounds cool. Looks like I'll soon have a 646 to play with, courtesy of my dad wanting something...now if I only had the time to play... :(

Shooting revolver is fun, especially those times when things are going perfectly and you get to beat a couple good shooters using semi-autos. :D

WhooHooo! I won! B)

By some fluke of dumb luck or fate, I managed to win my 1st club-match attempt at revolver shooting:

Revolver: Doug Johnson (Chris Elniff 2nd)

L10: Vlad Dreyvister (Chris Elniff 2nd)

Limited: Phil Strader (Chris Elniff 2nd)

Open: Ron Francisco (Megan Madigan 2nd)

Production: Vlad Dreyvister (Todd Sindelar 2nd)

from www.shootersparadise.com

Granted there were only 4 competitors but a win is a win & I'll take it thanks! Even had I not won, this was a great experience & reccomend everybody giving it a try. Don't worry about me getting a fat head though; at last weekend's outdoor match I shot my way down to 2nd with poor shooting(not so impressive when there were only 2 of us & the other guy's gun jammed up a couple times). Still, a lot of fun.