Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to push Black Bullet International 230gr RN with?

mcb

... Loading manuals, or even powder manufactures websites will give you the information you're looking for.

I have the books but I like to see what people are actually getting vs what the books state.

3.2 grains clays seated 1.250. Maybe start with 3 grains. Should be about 170 to 172 power factor.

Thanks exactly what I was looking.

... Loading manuals, or even powder manufactures websites will give you the information you're looking for.

I have the books but I like to see what people are actually getting vs what the books state.

3.2 grains clays seated 1.250. Maybe start with 3 grains. Should be about 170 to 172 power factor.

Thanks exactly what I was looking.

Wow that seems really light too me. It took 4.1 gr of Clays to push a BBI 230RN with an OAL 1.245 to a 170 PF for me. Now this was BBI's older coating that I believe they are no longer using. I was shooting it from an S&W 625 5-inch That same 4.1 gr of Clays under a IbejiHead 230 RN with OAL 1.24 made a 181 PF but I still could not back it down anywhere close to 3.2 gr and still make Major.

yah, 3 grains is awfully light to push a 230 grain, at 1.25 it took me about 3.8-4.0 from what I recall, the load I did settle on was 3.4 grains of clays at 1.20", netted somewhere around 170-175 PF