Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock rear sight moving

Tuflehundon

I noticed today when I was cleaning my Glock 22 that the rear sights were about 1/8" to the left. I grabbed a punch and tapped them back into place. I have the factory adjustable sights from a 34 / 35 on right now. What can I do to get them to stay in place?I've shot somewhere around 1500 rounds since installing them.

I don't want to replace them, since I will be building this gun into an open gun later this year and will be taking the sights off then. Would loctite work with the plastic stock sights?

Did a quick Google search and found that Loctite is only for metal to metal contact... It will supposedly eat into plastic... Not good...

You might try making a small, thin metal shim to tighten up the space under the rear sight... Maybe cut up a soda can or something similar...

Edited by RaylanGivens

Since you will be taking them off anyway, you could also "peen" the bottom a bit if the shim isn't enough to hold them by itself. Since it is plastic, a soldering iron should raise enough material that it would snug it up.