Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Eagle, First Impressions

PSSOH22

Not sure if Bobby has shot it yet, but I replaced the GS with an Ed Brown GS, changed the trigger out to a short/flat Infinity and gave it a trigger job (2.5#). I have it so the GS clears the trigger bow sooner, so that should take care of his grip issue. I'm not sure if he's gotten to the range with it, but he might have me blend the thumb safety down. Also didn't blend the contour of the GS yet because it would need to get refinished and he's going to shoot this in a state match in July. yes he knows the mag release button needs to go for ESP.

i-C8jDg7P-XL.jpg

Edited by Quack

I have medium sized hands and with my natural, muscle memory grip sometimes I do not depress the GS enough to fire the gun. Also the TS is digging into my hand. My first NH was the same way and after that I ordered the others with WC TS'. What are my options?

This gun will be primarily used for IDPA. Can I pin the GS in ESP?

At an IDPA (or any other) match, if a guy told me that he had disabled the grip safety because he was not getting a consistent grip on the gun, I would be scared to shoot with him and would try to make sure I was on a different squad & that the folks he was shooting with knew about it. That is not meant to be a rude reply in any way, I just don't think it is safe to disable a safety for that reason.

You are kidding, right? You know we pin them and then run like maniacs diving into low cover and stuff....

So I take it you don't shoot with Glock or S&W shooters? Not to defend pinning a GS, since its illegal anyways, but atleast the 1911/2011 still utilizes a TS.

Last time I was an s.o. (April I think, rain outs have been a problem this year) I gave procedurals to two guys for not engaging their 1911 thumb safety's after load and make ready, and stopped them from drawing until this was done. One person commented that he had been shooting a different gun and wasn't automatic with the safety and the other one did not comment. For what it is worth.

In February I had to DQ a guy because he lost control of his gun on the draw and literally threw it out on the range (20 degree weather likely played a part). My only point being that stuff happens.

The safe action trigger guns are what they are & I choose to accept them, I'd rather not shoot with folks who were disabling the trigger safetys on those though.

If anybody feels like the safety pinning stuff is ok, heck, it is a free country and I wouldn't choose to debate or try to control what they want to do. I do feel that I and other like minded sissy's should be told about it and given the option of going to a different squad or just leaving though.