Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

aftermarket slides

cpa5oh

Is Lone Wolf the only company currently making aftermarket slides for Glocks?

If so, anyone have any experience/thoughts about the quality of these? Better or worse than stock? (seems there are mixed reviews on Lone Wolf barrels.)

I've got a 34 and 35 and want to have/build a 24 (to shoot in the limited division a little bit - I'm mainly a production shooter, have decided to stick with Glock for a while, and want a limited gun setup as close to my production gun as I can.) Buying a whole new 24 is an option...but I shoot lead (I'm cheap) and so I'll have to get an aftermarket barrel anyhow...if I could get an acceptable 24 slide, I'd just swap all of the innerds of the 35 over into the 24 slide and I'd save some money (not really shooting .40 minor much - didn't really find it to be that much of a big deal difference between shooting 9.)

Lone wolf slides are usually just fine, you have an option of solid top or standard coffin cut. If you go with solid top you have more options of getting slide cuts done if that is your preference. But do recommend getting it blind marked it looks a little better. You can find Zev slides and factory slides as well sometimes

I currently am thinking of a Zev slide for a 24 but they won't post their slides on their site. You have to ask them bout them and they do a good job usually of getting back to you but still. You can send a lone wolf slide to any smith willing and get work done. I want a slide for an open build too.

I have seen the exact opposite with the caspian slides. Had 2 and the first one cracked the breech face and the second one which they claim as a gunsmith fit was way out if spec to the tune that the stock fp safety wouldn't go in at all and the vanek which is a touch smaller would go in if your pushed hard but wouldn't function. The striker would also not move freely on the channel. That's not gunsmith fit in those areas I returned it and have a line wolf now and it's a nicer part. Caspian has sure dropped the ball on glock parts