Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA conversion

I have been shooting IDPA for a few years and I really like it. Shot a few USPSA matches too, but seemed to lean more towards IDPA. This weekend I shot a IDPA match on Saturday, and a USPSA match on Sunday. They were both great, but for the first time I really felt the differences in the games. I think that I have really been bitten by the USPSA bug. My total points shot was 91.43% shooting SS major. I finished 4th, not too far behind the top 3, all of which have been at it for a long time. I was a bit slow due to MANY reloads and poor planning, still ned to learn this, but overall something just felt really good about. I'll always shoot IDPA too, but I love the idea of trying to figure out a stage creatively, relatively little else to think about, blazing away with my 1911 and then looking at big holes in the A zone. Did I mention the bitchin' 1911s and 2011s you can use.....OMG!

From 2000-2004 I only shot IDPA matches. Then in 2004 I shot my first USPSA match, since then I have only shot 4 IDPA matches. The 2004, 2005, 2009 Indiana state IDPA matches and then a shot a regular club match for the first time in 9 years, took hoa.

For me freestyle is where it is at it