Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster and mag holders for the extra fat among us...

rutilate

I need to either lose a lot of weight or find a way of angling production holsters out away from my spare tire! Ok, so I'm doing both.

I'm just getting started in USPSA, shooting a production M&P 9, using the stock holster that came with the range kit. I can hardly move or bend over without being cut in half by the mags on the left and pistol on the right.

I'm in the market for a CR Deluxe belt, and looking for holster and mag holders that can be angled outwards slightly to accommodate my spare tire. Are there such animals?

Also, what kind of dropped and extended holsters should I be looking for? RIght now I'm only shooting production.

I too am a "full figured" competitor and I use a Bladetech dropped & offset holster for my XDm 5.25 and these cheap mag pouches here: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rsrdemagpo.html They are the slip over paddle type but I have cut the paddle down (with a very fine tooth blade in my jigsaw, the material is surprisingly tough) to just the size of the pouch and you can not tell by looking or function that they are not standard belt loop attached. I suppose the thickness of the paddle stuff spaces them out a little from the belt but since the pouches are held on the paddle with a bolt a fellow could probably space them out with a longer bolt and some washer if he needed to. And they are cheap enough to mess with anyway! Good luck.

I run a std bladetech non drop offset for production and singlestack with Half inch plastic spacers between the holster body and bracket. I use a drill on the inside to the bladetech post fits inside the shim and add a tiny lock washer. It is within the 2 inches and I could have it even farther out