Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Websites/Stores selling bulk competition grade handloads?

Roger_Out

Just getting back from being stationed in Okinawa for a few years, and wondering if anyone knows of places selling bulk handloads for getting into IDPA? I would imagine this has decreased somewhat recently with the current scarcity of ammo in general. I bought about 2000 rounds just before leaving a little over 3 years ago, and didn't move my bookmarks over to my new computer with me, so I am starting from scratch trying to find stores that do this. Hoping to find relevant data for the here and now in the industry. Anyone out there with any info is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

There are a few commercial manufacturers in the Vendor Tents sub forum area. In particular, DC Ammo, has provided my 45ACP. Like many, Doug is dealing with component shortages and has to adjust his policies and prices.

I also purchaed recently from Atlanta Arms & Ammo (not in the Vendor Tent subfo). Good ammo, but they have a 500 rounds per 30 day limit.

Good luck. It's going to be a bit of a rough time to make a comeback because of tbe shortages.

Thanks for the help. I vaguely remember ordering some from a place in GA last time, so it very well may have been Atlanta Arms. DC was the only thing I could find running a few google searches. Glad to hear their name come up. Thanks again. Hope to get back in the swing of things. I was lucky enough to have a 100m range right outside our back door in Afghanistan, and shot about 3 times a week for a solid three months... but there has been a good 9 months of rust developing on my skills since then. Need to get my form back.

• 2 weeks later...

Several of my friends have has success running the Atlanta Arms & Ammo loads. At times they also load ammunition for the Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU) who are pretty particular about consistency and uniformity.