Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 vcomp or 327 TRR8

60crewman

I have a PC V Comp 38/357 and a PC 627 38 super. Comparing the two the V Comp is noticably heavier. I prefer a heavy gun so I really like it. I use both guns for ICORE so as far as help with recoil or muzzle flip with minor loads both guns are the same. I would guess the V Comp with fulll power loads would be a little tamer than a regular 627. I have never fired the 327 TRR8 so I can't compare the two. If it is the alloy model I am not sure how it will hold up as a competition revolver. Sorry I can't provide any more information

I have never fired the 327 TRR8 so I can't compare the two. If it is the alloy model I am not sure how it will hold up as a competition revolver.

+1, there is a thread out there that shows a scandium 629 with a broken frame. But some people do dumb things that can make any gun break. I think Jerry Miculek has a 327 that he shoots steel with. If anyone would wear out a gun he would.

model327.jpg

170237_large.jpg

Personally I would go with the V-comp just for the added strength in a competition gun.

Edited by toothguy

Which discipline you plan on participating in? Shooting Minor or Major loads?

I own a couple 327 TRR8's , I use both for steel challenge. WIth a titanium cylinder it lightens the gun up even more and is a pleasure to shoot with minor / sub minor loads.

If you plan on doing ICORE / uspsa and shooting heavier loads, go with the heavier gun.

Well I own a 627 PC and a 327 M&P R8, but the one I shoot in USPSA (L 10) and ICORE (limited) is the 627 PC. In short I just like the feel of the heavier 627 I find it to have less muzzle flip and recoil than the 327.The one benefit with the 327 is it feels quicker while transitioning between targets.

With the 627 you can shoot ICORE open just by adding the red dot or you can shoot ICORE limited by removing the red dot and compensator. If you get the 327 and you decide to port the gun you are spending money to have that done and only limiting yourself to open division. If it were me I would go with the 627 V-comp.

I've been wondering the same thing. I shoot an older 5" 625 in USPSA and like it for shooting major. A bunch of guys at my local club have been trying to talk me into shooting ICORE. Thought the 327 TRR8 might be a little faster shooting with the wimpy 120 power factor loads.

I'll be shooting my open 327 trr8 this weekend for the PSA knockdown steel event in PA. 160 grain loads @ about 130 power factor and they are fairly manageable. IMO the scandium frame gives more of a snappy feel over the thuddy feel of a heavier steel gun.

As far as muzzle rise and back on target? Faster then i'm able to shoot... I really do not see an issue.

If interested, you can see the muzzle rise and firing of the 327 trr8 shooting 130 power factor loads.

• 3 weeks later...