Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NP3 JP low mass bolt carrier

guidedmiscle

unsure of benifit to NP3 JP low mass carrier. I have been informed that it would void warranty. Bolt is highly polished but not slick like NP3. Have eperienced a 1911 that was NP3ed and it was slick. Was also told NP3 pushes lubricant away not allowing any penitration of lubricant also you loose washing away abilities of lube. Interested in feedback as I ama at a crux on this one at the moment.

I have two BCGs with NP3 and they work flawlessly. The main benefit is easier cleaning.

In respect to ease of cleaning the Jp would likely be easy to clean. It is polished like a mirror. It probably would not have the same ease of cleaning as NP3 finish but the disparity between the 2 finishes in respect to ease of cleaning would likely not warrant the expense of having the NP3 done. If it were a std BCG I would easily warrant the NP3 for reasons of I believe greater lubrisity and any other respects to funtionality also the ease of cleaning you mention wouldbe a very nice beny.

The issue I have now is the finish would void warranty from JP and it was mentioned that the NP3 is so slick and non penetrable that it pushes the oil away and there could be issue in respect to part of the characterisics of the oil is to help wash-move away deposits although I am not sure of this it is something I heard. I know the funtion of the 1911 with NP3 i mentioned earlier remains slicker after a few hundred rnds than a 1911 that has say a more std finish. I was very interested my perceived benifits of NP3 for the BCG with loss of warranty and other reason mentioned previously not sure now.

T Bacus thank you I appreciate your feedback

I have two BCGs with NP3 and they work flawlessly. The main benefit is easier cleaning.

In respect to ease of cleaning the Jp would likely be easy to clean. It is polished like a mirror. It probably would not have the same ease of cleaning as NP3 finish but the disparity between the 2 finishes in respect to ease of cleaning would likely not warrant the expense of having the NP3 done. If it were a std BCG I would easily warrant the NP3 for reasons of I believe greater lubrisity and any other respects to funtionality also the ease of cleaning you mention wouldbe a very nice beny.

The issue I have now is the finish would void warranty from JP and it was mentioned that the NP3 is so slick and non penetrable that it pushes the oil away and there could be issue in respect to part of the characterisics of the oil is to help wash-move away deposits although I am not sure of this it is something I heard. I know the funtion of the 1911 with NP3 i mentioned earlier remains slicker after a few hundred rnds than a 1911 that has say a more std finish. I was very interested my perceived benifits of NP3 for the BCG with loss of warranty and other reason mentioned previously not sure now.

T Bacus thank you I appreciate your feedback

I do think having a warranty issue for the BCG would likey be pretty low