Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GN Semi Pro Points?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

From the rules:

5.3: The top four (4) 3GN Semi-Pro competitors, based on series score, will be invited to SHOT Show 2014 to compete in the 3GN Semi-Pro Shoot-Off. The winner will be crowned the 2013-2014 3GN Semi-Pro Champion and receive a cash prize for $5,000. 3GN reserves the right to change the number of invitees based on actual participation and number of qualified competitors.

8.1: Following the 2013 3GN season, the top 25 3GN Semi-Pro Series competitors will earn an invitation into the 2014-2015 3GN Pro Series Qualification match (Venue TBD). These slots will go to the top 25 only. Any unused slot will be forfeited and go unused.

Currently in second... We will see if it holds up. Ozark being cancelled kinda screwed my plans

It will be tough for anyone to match those 97 points you picked up at Midwest. You can probably grab a few points at Fallen Brethren by replacing that 76 you had at Superstition too.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Ya, proam counted, but i couldnt get in. No one will pass me based on the results though. I really wish ozark was going. Of course it doesnt help that 2 of my matches this year, i completely tanked!!

Fb3 will be my last match of the year for points. Problem is, i dont know if i should try and burn it down, or just switch to damage control mode.... Since my last match was in the trash.

Currently in second... We will see if it holds up. Ozark being cancelled kinda screwed my plans

It will be tough for anyone to match those 97 points you picked up at Midwest. You can probably grab a few points at Fallen Brethren by replacing that 76 you had at Superstition too.

I seem to notice that matches i just shoot clean, i place way higher. The wheels have been falling off more than staying on this year though!

I seem to notice that matches i just shoot clean, i place way higher. The wheels have been falling off more than staying on this year though!

85% would be my goal and that's usually Top 10. It's tough to get above that for anyone on a regular basis especially if Horner is there.

Glen Shelby is at 188 with only two matches, so he's definitely within striking distance. A couple of more guys are in the 170s with two matches and there are probably a few more with three matches that will improve before the end of the season.

My guess is that low-mid 260s is going to be required for top 4 when all is said and done :)

According to the 3GN website, the remaining matches count for Semi-Pro points:

FNH USA 3-Gun Championship

Fallen Brethren 3-Gun Challenge

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun

3GN International Multigun, Presented by Rockcastle Shooting Center

I wanted to sign up for Semi-Pro after getting back home, but realized I'd only be able to make two matches (FB3G and BRM3G) so really no point in me playing this year. Good luck to all those in the hunt!

Just blue ridge, fb3, and the international, i think... Oh and FN

If you want the win it lies in Kentucky. I don't know any pros other than the local Samson boys going to that.

I bailed in favor of the Night Match in N Tx.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I kinda gave up on pulling out the win after i completely tanked in Oregon... At this point im hoping i can hang on for top 4

The win during the season doesn't get you anything does it?

It use to read like the season and the shoot off were seperate. I cant find anything since they redid the site. Pretty sure 1st during the season won a stag rifle.

If you want the win it lies in Kentucky. I don't know any pros other than the local Samson boys going to that.

I cant make it to kentucky for that. That's why ozark cancelling shafted me!

I may have to try and make time to come defend my title at the night match :)

Kinda makes you think about how the points are calculated... Is it really fair that the semi-pros should be getting points based on who shows up at a match and have to be tactical (or lucky) about which matches to shoot to amass the most points?

For the 3GN points, wouldnt it be more fair to normalize the scores between the semi-pros only? That way it wouldnt matter who of the pros make it to a certain match or not, the best semi-pro would get 100 3GN points whether he's 2% behind the winner or 20% behind the winner. It wouldnt affect the match or match scoring at all, and normalizing the scores for the 3GN semi-pros wouldnt really take any time at all once you have the formula/script figured out.