Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Discretion

ima45dv8

A back-woods farmer from Georgia buys a lottery ticket on his monthly visit to town, and wins big. Since he's always wanted to visit Las Vegas he has his niece book him a trip.

Flying in the first class cabin, relating his lucky win to the voluptuous blonde with the store-bought hooters and thick makeup, he didn't notice how she was hanging on his every word. She finally asked innocently enough what hotel he was staying at. "I'm stayin' at that there Bee-lah-ge-oh place", he replied. "What a coincidence", she says. "Me, too!"

Not surprisingly, a short while later they exit a taxi arm-in-arm and enter the hotel together.

Checking in at the front desk, the clerk asks the sodbuster to sign the register. With a big flourish he shoots his cuffs, sticks his tongue out the side of his mouth, and painstakingly makes a large "X" on the signature line. A veteran of the Vegas hotel trade the clerk has seen many a millionaire who couldn't write his name, and barely blinks an eye.

The hayseed turns and taking the girl on his arm, struts towards the elevators. Halfway across the lobby, he excuses himself and hurries back to the check-in counter. Grabbing the pen again, he very carefully and deliberately makes a perfect circle around the "X".

This is too much for the clerk and he breaks all protocol by asking the man about it. "I've seen plenty of people sign their name with an X before, but the circle is news to me. What is that about?!"

The redneck leers over towards the gold digger waiting for him and says, "Well, my daddy said there are special times when a fella hadn't aught to use his real name!"

• 7 years later...