Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson STI Edge -9mm

honda01

yep....i want to Dawson Precision last month... and i know there were using Win white box ammo to test... and when my new STI steel match arrived there was 2 spent brass in the box and they were Win ammo

yep....i want to Dawson Precision last month... and i know there were using Win white box ammo to test... and when my new STI steel match arrived there was 2 spent brass in the box and they were Win ammo

that would be surprising to me in that they have a whole reloading room set up for making ammo. vids on the youtube and all.

I just got my STI Eagle (Dawson CRP) 9mm in Feb. I bought it for steel, and when I shot it for the first time with my MG 115FMJ/4.0 TG the brass rolled over my hand.. Bumped the TG to 4.3 and have had zero problems in 700rds. My point, must be factory ammo for test.

Dawson said that they use their own reloads for testing. The bullet is a 125 gr JHP, with a 1100-1200 FPS....no other details are given for legal reasons.

I've been using Frontier 124 FMJ over 4.0 gr of Titegroup. 18 shots over a chrono averaged out to 1040 FPS, very nice load. Brass piles up about 1-2 feet away.

With a 2Alpha 124gr TC, over 4.0 gr of Titegroup, 18 shot average was 1173.