Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun problems

quedude

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. In case others are here looking for answers to hammer follow or issues with the new aluminum STI grip I will add my experience.

I installed the STI aluminum one myself and quite like it . Very pleased!

*Hammer follow, replaced sear spring with a new one and all fixed (left arm was bent and not enough pressure).

* Grip, it seems the groove that holds the sear spring is slightly higher on my aluminum than it was on my polymer grip. I had to get a more current (newer) sear spring for the gun to operate as the old sear spring would touch the frame (above the trigger bow).

I had no issue with the new style aluminum grip from STI and the sear spring that is already had in the gun. I have about 3000 round through the pipe with out even the smallest hick up. The prices that other manufactures are trying to justify for a metal grip is just CRAZY!!!!

Edited by quedude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I shot area 3 match last weekend and did not have one issue with my gun and it felt awesome that the guy on my squad having issues with a open gun was not me!! I did place a order for a new open gun this week to shoot as a primary gun for 2014. I'm done shooting for this year cause of hip replacements this fall so I thought that now is the time to purchase a brand new one.