Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio, Witness, Eaa, Gold Team, Limited Elie?

rerun

Ok here it is! I have been away from shooting for six years, blah blah blah enough about that....lol

I am going to get back to shooting this season and i am going to do it entirely different this time.

I made a promise to myself that i would no longer get into the equipment race like i did the last time! hell at one time i owned three Bedell guns. This time i want to buy a really good gun and just shoot the hell out of it! My problem is that since there are two websites one for EAA and one for Tanfoglio with different offerings on both sites i am extremely confused over which gun i want!.........And don't even know which models are availiable here in the US, simply because i have seen the Gold Limited with the GK finish here in the states? and actually have the chance to buy one!.... So i guess my first question is

1. Is the Gold Eric Limited the same as the Limited Elite

2.What is the difference between the small frame Gold and the Large frame Gold

3.If i start with a Gold Team Limited in .40s&w can i have it fit with a 6" 10mm Hunter upper as well as a 6" 9mm upper and a 5" 9mm topend

4.Would i be better off starting with a Hunter Model or do i mean Bullseye Model?

HELP!

1. I don't know for sure but if it isn't its going to be really close

2. Frame size small frame guns in general are made for a smaller magazine and are only available in 9mm and 40sw (you can find some old 9x21's) Large frame guns are built around a larger magazine and are available in 9mm, 38super, 40sw, 10mm and 45 untill the latest mags came out they were best when used with either the longer rounds.

3. if you start with a large frame gun of any kind you will be able to get conversion top ends in all the currently offered configurations. If you start with a small frame you will be limited to the shorter rounds.

4.the hunter/bullseye grip frame and the limited grip frame should be the same, the only thing that could be different is the length of the dust cover

Mike

1. I don't know for sure but if it isn't its going to be really close

2. Frame size small frame guns in general are made for a smaller magazine and are only available in 9mm and 40sw (you can find some old 9x21's) Large frame guns are built around a larger magazine and are available in 9mm, 38super, 40sw, 10mm and 45 untill the latest mags came out they were best when used with either the longer rounds.

3. if you start with a large frame gun of any kind you will be able to get conversion top ends in all the currently offered configurations. If you start with a small frame you will be limited to the shorter rounds.

4.the hunter/bullseye grip frame and the limited grip frame should be the same, the only thing that could be different is the length of the dust cover

Mike

Mike,

Thanks you have helped a bunch! I think i can narrow down what i need to start with now with a little more help from some of the Euro gunners on this site. I have the chance to buy a Limited Custom Eric model but i need to know if it is large or small frame it is the one on Tanfoglios site that has the GK finish in Black but i am affraid it is not an HC which i think means High Capacity or in lamens terms HC means large frame i think?????????????? WOW what a nightmare i am close to giving up and buying a Caspian high cap and starting fresh!

Currently there are 2 importers of Tanfoglio handguns:

https://eaacorp.com/hand-guns/

http://www.ifg-usa.com/tanfoglio/

Your Limited Custom Eric *should* be a large frame. I think IFG only imported the Stock II's in the small frame. But I don't see anyone listing a GK one, so who knows.

Remember we are just enthusiasts that shoot these guns, so don't work at IFG or EAA so nobody can tell you for sure what is being imported. Its hard to tell you what you are looking at, when we aren't there to see it, especially when you are asking about a model that nobody lists as being imported.

Your best bet is to contact the importer of the model in question and ask them.

If you dont want it to turn into a gun modding game, I would pick a Production gun or a STI for other divisions. Just buy a built gun that is known to work.

Yeah it looks like it is going that way........I just thought that if i started with a $1000.00 Quality built ready to shoot out of the box gun and then added cheaper topends i would have a gun i could shoot Limited in two calibers Three gun,Limited 10 in 2 calibers and have a nice HOG gun in 10MM. for under $2000.00...............But the prices i'm now getting are up there with STI, Caspian, SVI, now! when i quit shooting i had an STI with 2 topends and it cost me close to $4000.00......................who knows maybe i wait for a used Tanfo in .38 super comp add a melted in Docter sight and go back to open class

Yeah it looks like it is going that way........I just thought that if i started with a $1000.00 Quality built ready to shoot out of the box gun and then added cheaper topends i would have a gun i could shoot Limited in two calibers Three gun,Limited 10 in 2 calibers and have a nice HOG gun in 10MM. for under $2000.00.

Yeah you should be able to. My Limited gun AND complete Hunter was less than $2000

Your Limited Custom Eric *should* be a large frame. I think IFG only imported the Stock II's in the small frame. But I don't see anyone listing a GK one, so who knows.

Remember we are just enthusiasts that shoot these guns, so don't work at IFG or EAA so nobody can tell you for sure what is being imported. Its hard to tell you what you are looking at, when we aren't there to see it, especially when you are asking about a model that nobody lists as being imported.

Thanks Nealio,

I am a little scared of the GK because it is an internet deal and the guy is less then prompt when answering my emails ?

And he wants $1900.00 for it and 7 magazines and a Kydex holster. ??????

Yeah it looks like it is going that way........I just thought that if i started with a $1000.00 Quality built ready to shoot out of the box gun and then added cheaper topends i would have a gun i could shoot Limited in two calibers Three gun,Limited 10 in 2 calibers and have a nice HOG gun in 10MM. for under $2000.00.

Yeah you should be able to. My Limited gun AND complete Hunter was less than $2000

Awesome Thats what i'm talking about !. I am glad you have jumped in here! what do you personally think about Tanfo ? What has you hooked on them?

Thanks Nealio,

I am a little scared of the GK because it is an internet deal and the guy is less then prompt when answering my emails ?

And he wants $1900.00 for it and 7 magazines and a Kydex holster. ??????

That is not a good deal. That seems like its more than what retail would be.

There has been several full setups here go for around $1200 with gun, mags, holster, pouches, and extra parts.

Awesome Thats what i'm talking about !. I am glad you have jumped in here! what do you personally think about Tanfo ? What has you hooked on them?

I love the guns, they fit my big hands better than anything, they shoot accurate out of the box, and they are easy to work on (IMHO). The fact you can mix and match the top ends is great. The mags are cheap ($25 for the tube), and I like the extra frame that is below the rail so you can put your thumb on there. To me they seem to flip less than most other designs and it seems like the cycle faster. This is just my perception though and I'm sure fans of other platforms will disagree.. ;)

I believe the GK and HC in theTanfoglio model designations is GK = Black and HC = Hard Chrome

There are a couple ways to know weather the pistol in question is a large frame or a small frame, measure the magazine the small frame mags are smaller front to back and side to side Large Frame Mags measure: 1.345" x 0.850". you can also tell by checking magazine capacity the standard length small frame 40sw mags hold 12 the standard length large frame mags hold 15

I like Tanfoglios because they fit my hands comfortably, are comparability inexpensive, relatively easy to work on myself and are different that what everybody else is shooting.

Mike

I have sausages for fingers so i am looking for a smaller grip frame! i have not held one but i shot with a guy in ohio years ago that had a limited and i swore that he was shooting minor because that gun never rose when he shot it! of course back then i thought that my Bedell guns were the only gun to have and i turned down his offer to let me shoot it!......{Homer Simpson mode} DOH! what a knuckle head....lol............I do remember that thing eating recoil though!

comes with 2 mags

Nealio,

The GK gun was imported through Tanfoglio's site on their site the gun is $1860.00 american and comes with 2 mags he had the henning magwell, aluminum grips,flat trigger, front sight and springs added plus 5 more mags with henning base pads and all the spare parts and holster. he says he has only shot it 200 times and is in over his head, and needs to get out.......?....they all say that but i do know that he has over $3000.00 in this rig and $1900.00 does seem like a better deal then we thought earlier

Even so $1860 new for that gun is ridiculous, when you could buy a Limited Custom and have it coated for $1350ish.

Compared to the deals I have seen here that isn't a good deal.. That's my $.02

Even so $1860 new for that gun is ridiculous, when you could buy a Limited Custom and have it coated for $1350ish.

Compared to the deals I have seen here that isn't a good deal.. That's my $.02

Wow i didnt do the math! what could make that gun cost so much more from the factory??????????

again thanks for your input on this........

I would want to find a Tanfoglio to hold to feel the grip shape before I dropped money on one, I like the feel of their grip and the weight of the steel frame but the grip is not small and is not the same shape as the grip on your old Bedell's.

Also what web site are you getting the prices from? www.Tanfoglio.it ? www.ifg-usa.com ? www.eaacorp.com?

I see the pricing in Euros on the tanfoglio.it site but that will not be a direct comparison to what we would be paying here. the current MSRP for a hard chrome elite limited is $1344 and when they are available you can find them on gun broker for less.

Mike

I would want to find a Tanfoglio to hold to feel the grip shape before I dropped money on one, I like the feel of their grip and the weight of the steel frame but the grip is not small and is not the same shape as the grip on your old Bedell's.

Also what web site are you getting the prices from? www.Tanfoglio.it ? www.ifg-usa.com ? www.eaacorp.com?

I see the pricing in Euros on the tanfoglio.it site but that will not be a direct comparison to what we would be paying here. the current MSRP for a hard chrome elite limited is $1344 and when they are available you can find them on gun broker for less.

Mike

good idea about holding one! i found prices on their site Tanfoglio .it if you open the price list it is the third price from the top.

comes with 2 mags

Nealio,

The GK gun was imported through Tanfoglio's site on their site the gun is $1860.00 american and comes with 2 mags he had the henning magwell, aluminum grips,flat trigger, front sight and springs added plus 5 more mags with henning base pads and all the spare parts and holster. he says he has only shot it 200 times and is in over his head, and needs to get out.......?....they all say that but i do know that he has over $3000.00 in this rig and $1900.00 does seem like a better deal then we thought earlier

Thats a tad high if you can wait a bit i might sell one of my Limiteds it has been completely re done , with Grauffel grips , stock 2 safeties, fiber optic FS etc....im thinking about shooting Open this season

Edited by ogiebb