Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My G19 build (dont see many of those on here)

hysupra

Reshaped the nose on the trigger bar, fitted the connector to the trigger housing so it didn't drag on it, modified the trigger housing slightly to take the take up out, light weight springs and polishing.

So I've been thinking on how to make it better. I noticed when I was dry firing that the dot in my sight would move after I pulled the trigger, but not due to me. The frame and slide have a lot of slop in them and when cocked it raises the rear of the slide, when fired it drops down. So cocked the slide and pulled up on the slide with my support hand. I couldn't believe the difference it made. As crisp as I could imagine.

So I'm thinking of modifying the frame rails some how. I don't want to use a welder since itll melt the frame. So still thinking on this.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thanks so much. I have a press so maybe I should use that. This trigger is going to be amazing. From me just putting pressure with my hand it felt almost like my bolt gun with a Timney tigger.

Well I had a couple beers last night and got the balls to tighten/hammer the slide. Good lord that wasnt easy.

It did tighten the slide up alot like I wanted. There is no slop at all in the rear and when you shake the gun it doesnt rattle anymore.

But it seems to have made my trigger pull a little longer, and might have increased the pull a tiny bit. Not as crisp as is it used to be, since its putting more tension on the striker.

I was thinking of filing down the end of the striker to shorten up the pull but Im pretty sure it would mess up the reset, which is perfect and non adjustable.

It might not though. Because before I tightened the slide, when I would pull up on it, the trigger was so much better. So instead of raising the slide I lowered it by tightening which I knew I would. So maybe filing down the striker would work.

I shortened the striker maybe a millimeter, it helped some so I might try it again.

Anyways I tried to redeem myself for those crappy pics in the OP so here's some new ones. Still not the best but Im getting some where.

glock2002-Copy_zpsf9b2518a.jpg

glock008_zpse926a3fc.jpg

glock3011_zpse7c97b44.jpg

glock3009_zps166d335f.jpg

glock2010_zpsc42e77fa.jpg

glock3002_zps8f1a7375.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Well I had a couple beers last night and got the balls to tighten/hammer the slide. Good lord that wasnt easy.

It did tighten the slide up alot like I wanted. There is no slop at all in the rear and when you shake the gun it doesnt rattle anymore.

But it seems to have made my trigger pull a little longer, and might have increased the pull a tiny bit. Not as crisp as is it used to be, since its putting more tension on the striker.

I was thinking of filing down the end of the striker to shorten up the pull but Im pretty sure it would mess up the reset, which is perfect and non adjustable.

It might not though. Because before I tightened the slide, when I would pull up on it, the trigger was so much better. So instead of raising the slide I lowered it by tightening which I knew I would. So maybe filing down the striker would work.

get this:

http://static.zoovy.com/img/ghostinc/-/orange_plate

it is for fitting the ghost rocket connector, use it to observe the travel length of your striker/trigger bar. This will give you a much better idea of what is going on during your trigger travel and breaking of the shot.

Remove the radius on the striker foot. This will give you a better break, but do not take much more material off, this may lead to light strikes.

then you can take some material off of the top of the trigger bar at the "sear". The idea is to create a sharp release point at both surfaces (more 1911 esq). Using the ghost fitting to watch how the interaction is taking place (the trigger bar torques under pressure, but does it consistently) you can then tune the angle on the trigger bar to give you that crisp break that you are looking for.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171160&hl=

Whats up guys? New member here and just wanted to show you guys what I’ve been working on. This is still a project in the works but it's still a great shooting pistol and my favorite out of all my others. Right now I am in college so I don’t have any left over money to spend on it, except on ammo. I haven’t shot any matches yet but I really hope to do so this season. Well here she is, hope you guys like it.

G19 Gen 4

Polished stock barrel

Gen 3 Zev stainless guide rod/ with adaptor

13lbs recoil spring

Zev Lightened firing pin

Zev Titanium safety plunger

Zev spring kit

Just about everything in the gun is polished making for a real smooth action

My own trigger job resulting in a 2 pound pull and absolutely no pre/over travel

My own stipple and frame work as well

Optic is a Leupold Deltapoint with the 7.5 moa triangle

Sorry for the horrible pics guys, I'll work on that next time.

Thanks for looking

Rob

Looks like you've put a lot of thought, and effort into that build. Great job and I totally understand the "few beers and lets try this" method :).

I'm interested in how you chose the deltapoint, and why 7.5 moa versus something else? I'm thinking about putting an optic my G19 and don't understand the whole MOA issue. I'm trying to learn as much as I can rather than my usual strategy of doing things with no advance thought or knowledge.

Thanks

Thanks for the info Wes.

Gary to tell you the truth I did buy it with no advanced thought or knowledge. A friend bought it for his 17 and couldn't get it sighted in and hated it. I bought it for less then half price and almost brand new. I took it home and used my bore sight, fined tuned it at the range and its been awesome for me. I like the 7.5 moa because its quick to acquire. A 3 might be more accurate at distance bit not as quick at short range. And thanks for the compliment bud.

Nah, with your improved lockup, you could really fine tune the trigger that way. "dont do this" is just my way of saying "this is how you do it, if you F it up..... dont come crying". I have that process down two about 2 hours for the whole job, it is really not that hard to accomplish with simple tools.

Edited by wes777

Silly question and I appologize if you covered this...What did you do with the mag release? I use a Glock extended release as I seem to get a more positive release (guessing due to the depth of press due to length).

Camera question. Were you able to "reset" the changes your friend made?

Seems like alotta work for a stock part (slide stop) BUT since it's shape you are after my hat's off to ya. I'm far too lazy for all that effort.

Lol. I know but I really like making one off pieces if I can. Anything to give me a little advantage.

Well I f*#ked up last night. I shortened the striker a little too much. Its an amazing trigger pull now but it goes off if you wrack the slide hard enough. Ofcourse I figured this out with snap caps before putting live rounds into it. But Im pretty sure I made myself a fully auto glock lol. So it looks like Ill be spending the money on a Jager striker since I heard they are the business. I got a little greedy I should have stopped the second time I test fit it, but I always think it could be better. there goes 80 bucks.

Oh and I also enhanced the second undercut making it longer and rounded the trigger guard while I was at it. I will post pics when I restipple everything. I cant find my wood burner so I guess I have to buy a new one of those also.

Seems like alotta work for a stock part (slide stop) BUT since it's shape you are after my hat's off to ya. I'm far too lazy for all that effort.

Lol. I know but I really like making one off pieces if I can. Anything to give me a little advantage.

Well I f*#ked up last night. I shortened the striker a little too much. Its an amazing trigger pull now but it goes off if you wrack the slide hard enough. Ofcourse I figured this out with snap caps before putting live rounds into it. But Im pretty sure I made myself a fully auto glock lol. So it looks like Ill be spending the money on a Jager striker since I heard they are the business. I got a little greedy I should have stopped the second time I test fit it, but I always think it could be better. there goes 80 bucks.

hahahaha. I been there so many times.. I finally pulled my head outta my backside as I got tired of paying to fix my "fixes". But ya know what? If ya aren't tryin...ya aint learnin. Keep it up mate.