Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost my trigger reset spring.......should I just buy a flat trigger sy

GSRswapandslow

Upon disassembly last night....my trigger return spring decided that it had had enough of my constant shooting and chose to flee. The spring has aggravated me in the past...and, as far as I'm concerened...i'd rather never see it again!

So....is goign to the henning flat trigger worth it? I don't shoot competitively...ever, I just plink at the range with some LRN handloads... The gun shoots WAY better than I'm capable of right now, and i don't want to loose that.

The Henning Flat trigger kit uses a different trigger return spring design that makes "Losing" the spring a lot harder verses the stock trigger return spring. The first question that you need to answer though is the current trigger type you have. Is your pistol a Single Action only or a Double/Single Action? If you have a Single Action only trigger setup on your pistol then the Henning Flat trigger will drop right in. The Henning Flat Trigger will not work for DA/SA trigger functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

So i got the flat trigger...........manually cocking the gun, trigger felt GREAT....zero take up and over travel...crisp and tight, just awesome. Put on the slide...nada. Hammer cocks, trigger is pulled, hammer stays put. So i took off onto the trigger bar...and got the hammer to drop. Now, the issue...if I cock the gun regularly...everything is fine. If I pull the slide back and let it slam back into battery...the hammer follows to half-cock.... SIGH

I never really touched much on the sear, in relation to the hammer....and it looks quite rough for being so smooth of a pull.... should I try to just polish/stone it to a nice finish then work with the angle to get it back 100% or just suck it up and spend MORE money on the EGW parts? I THOUGHT i was done with this gun lol

You need a little bit of extra pre travel to ensure that it will reset properly. The sear cage moves around when you shoot the gun or slide lock drop on an empty chamber. If the pretravel is set too tight it will either not reset or it will allow the trigger bar to bump the sear and drop the hammer when you do a slide lock drop. This issue gets worse the lighter the trigger return spring is as well, so you could also try using a stiffer trigger return spring.

hmm...funny you say that, I did have to add some pretravel already to get the hammer to drop with the slide on...maybe I'll try adding a little more.

I'll have to look at another return spring, as well. Mine looks to have gotten a little beat up on all the in/out of the installation.