Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Adjustable Rear Sight

D-Lo

The nut that goes on the windage screw on the left side of my Para adjustable rear sight is missing. Para and Brownell's don't provide the nut separately. Para said that the nut is not functional but cosmetic (??). However, while I can adjust the sight, with every string I shoot it goes out of adjustment a little at a time to the left. Anybody know where I can find a schematic of this part? What else might be missing that the nut held in? Spring? Am I just going to have to replace the sight? Can I do that myself (I have managed to do most of my gunwork myself - except trigger stuff)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adjust the sights where you want them, then put a good sized drop of red loctite where the nut usted to be, that should hold adjustment. As many of these sightes have been replaced some should have a broken one that you could be able to get a nut from. If you chose to replace it, take out the elevation screw, push the hinged part up and forward, loosen the set screw and the sight should slide out. You may have to use a drift punch but its not a hard job. Larry

The gun is not new. I bought it used three years ago. I called Para about replacing the nut and they said they only sell the sight as a unit but to check with Brownell's about just the nut. No offer to replace it or inquiry about the age of the gun. Since I bought it used and several years ago, I did not ask. Brownell's does not sell the nut separately either.

Dave,

I know you want to fix it, but have you considered having Gary fitting a Bo-Mar or Wilson to your slide? If you have plans to keep the Para for a while, I think it would be well worth the investment. Perhaps as a winter project even?

DP

The Back sight is the only thing I have a complaint about with my Para.

The gun I am using now is the second P-16 - 40 Limited I have had , the first I sold to a guy just getting into the game, it had 60,000 + rounds on it and had to replace 2 sights, I bought the first from Para and sent the other back and they replaced it.

The gun I was using before I changed to Revo, has 80,000+ on it and have replaced 2 back sights, I used the replacement they sent me and sent the broke one back for each.

If you don't want to screw with that (PARA paid shipping) get a real BO-MAR from Dave Dawson with a Para cut and forget it.

Good Luck.

Hopalong / SAM KEEN

Go buy the Bomar that fits the Para cut. The sight that came on my 16-40 was junk and wouldn't hold zero. I replaced with a Bomar and life became much better.

I got mine from Dawson but I suspect there are other sources as well.

If you really must have a Para rear PM me and I'll dig through the parts drawer and see if I can find the old one.