Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wearing Concealment or not

BillD

We put concealment/no-concealment in the stage descriptions, where it belongs. A 'scenario' needs to have it's concealment requirement fit the scenario.

If it's hot, people can just put it on for the stage, then take it off when they're done. No big deal.

- Gabe

We put concealment/no-concealment in the stage descriptions, where it belongs. A 'scenario' needs to have it's concealment requirement fit the scenario.

If it's hot, people can just put it on for the stage, then take it off when they're done. No big deal.

- Gabe

Which is exactly what we do. We require concealment when the COF requires a draw. And you only have to keep it on while you are shooting.

I feel that there are a multitude of "scenarios" (((read pretend circumstances and places to put make believe into real shooting) but in some cases it's a good idea and other times overboard.)) If the scenario is your in your bedroom/own house, concealment should not be requred, If your drawing from a car seat etc. concealment can cause problems even to accomplished shooters. so that is a good SAFE reason not to have a vest on in a car if your drawing before leaving the car. Other scenarios/stages/places when your out in public yes, it is a good idea to "require concealment" I feel it should be done on a stage by stage basis mainly because that's how it's done in the ohio valley with clubs that try to use common sence in their stages. a LOT of good IDPA shooters show up at matches many days 8 or 9 masters per match.

I can't use my summer carry gun ( a beretta tom cat) in IDPA, it's not legal, not to mention it's bitch getting it in and out of a belly band. a fanny pack many other times of the year. and in the winter/fall bike riding season i carry in a shoulder holster. all of these are prohibited by IDPA... sometimes while hiking i carry in a 6004 another holster i can't use unless i'm a LEO and issued it.

concealment is a good idea on a stage by stage basis. but any day over 80 requiring a vest is a little crazy

and to all the complainers... is it really going to make a difference, the best shooter will STILL win concealment or not!!!

and to all the complainers... is it really going to make a difference, the best shooter will STILL win concealment or not!!!

Of course, if the best shooters are always going to win no matter what type of equipment we use, we might as well shoot IPSC. Then we won't have to worry about being tactical. We can even put red dots on our guns and use speed rigs.

It is a different game. Play the game. IF you don't like aspects of it, play a different game.

Of course, if the best shooters are always going to win no matter what type of equipment we use, we might as well shoot IPSC. Then we won't have to worry about being tactical.

Now that makes sense. In fact, that's why IDPA died locally. :D

If concealment is such an important part of IDPA, why is the classifier shot wihout concealment? That's not a rhetorical question, I really would like to know.

Of course, if the best shooters are always going to win no matter what type of equipment we use, we might as well shoot IPSC. Then we won't have to worry about being tactical.

Now that makes sense. In fact, that's why IDPA died locally. :D

If concealment is such an important part of IDPA, why is the classifier shot wihout concealment? That's not a rhetorical question, I really would like to know.

re : Classifier.

Shooting the classifier w/o concealment adds a measure of consistency to the marksmanship test.

It removes a factor from the presentation of the gun from the holster to the target and allows the shooters focus effort on getting good hits - as it should be.

just my opinion ,

Mark

Of course, if the best shooters are always going to win no matter what type of equipment we use, we might as well shoot IPSC. Then we won't have to worry about being tactical. We can even put red dots on our guns and use speed rigs.

Okay, I really don't understand that one. Please understand, I'm not trying to be difficult or dense, I just truly don't understand. Of course the best shooter is always going to win, in either IPSC or IDPA.

It is a different game. Play the game. IF you don't like aspects of it, play a different game.

But drawing from concealment isn't necessarily part of the game. Not to say that a good shooter can't do a draw from concealment faster than the average shooter can do an open carry draw. It's simply a non-issue once you get to a certain skill level.