Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody know of this Gunsmith?

GeoffB

I'm looking at a 2011. It's a combination of SVI, Ed Brown, and Wilson parts. Big parts are all SVI. The gun was assembled by Scott Anzivino, has anyone heard of him or have any experience with his work. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Edited by GeoffB

To be honest I am not sure. Is the gun new or used? If used why is it being sold? His specialty is long range rifle so I can see the gun being well built on the precision level, so it would probably be a very good bulls-eye gun. Would the tolerances be to tight for a good USPSA gun? Do not know.

That said, he was a member of the US Army Reserve shooting team so he rubbed elbows with nationally ranked pistol shooters.

My 2011(By another builder) was built so tight that it needed close to 1,000 rounds to break it in. I bought it used from a friend who had a few too many Limited guns in his safe. He does regret parting with it but he would have likely put less than 100 rounds a year through it if any since he started shooting mostly Open. He felt that a gun like this needed to be used and not spend its life sitting in a safe.

The gun is used. It was built back in 2000, he shot around 700 rounds through it and put it in the safe. It hasn't been fired since 03'. Not too sure why he is getting rid of it. I didn't think about the tolerances being too tight. I shoot mainly 3 gun so there would be more dust/dirt involved than in bullseye shooting. The owner says that the slide feels like its on ball bearings, like a good 2011 should. And that there is no play in the slide.

It is probably broken in now. A well fit slide is also harder for the dust and dirt to get into. I lightly oil mine once a month or so because it to moves like it is on ball bearings. Others have looser fitting slides and need to fairly drench their guns every match just to keep the dirt slippery enough for the gun to cycle.