Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

good cleaning kit for multi gun

I'm looking for a good multi gun cleaning kit to go in my pack. I'm looking at Otis and Dewey any others i should look at?

The guns shoot be ready at the start and no deep cleaning needed. With all the other stuff in the pack for three guns why not just bring bore snakes to clean the feed ramps and chanbers if you feel inclined? Quick and easy!

If shooting a lot of rounds, bore snake, rags, toothbrush and cleaner/lube is all that should be needed. If the round count is low, probably just lube needed. This is all assuming the guns were cleaned the night before.

For me, I don't usually clean my guns until after 3-4 local matches. If I'm shooting a big match, I'll clean before.

Come to the desert!

For the most part at SMM3G and RM3G, I made sure the bolts were well lubed. I won't clean the bore of my shotgun until after a match. No big deal there. The bores on my JP barrels typically do not need cleaning until after the match.

Exception: If the dust kicks up, then there can be an intermediate cleaning between stages and a better cleaning that evening which would require more stuff.

I keep an OTIS kit in my 3 gun bag, but I don't think I've ever used it. The OTIS is a good kit for being compact, but it's not something I'd ever use at home on my work bench. I keep a sectional cleaning rod in the truck. I've used it for helping out squad mates with stuck cases and my brother in law used a couple one time when I locked the keys in my truck.