Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tec Loader Tubes

outerlimits

having seen a few modified Tec tubes that hold in excess of 4 shells, i decided to try the mod myself. i cut several to the correct dimensions to accomodate 5 and 6 shells. i made a jig and used epoxy and fiberglass wrap to connect the two pieces. the lone remaining step is to cut the handle "channel" where the wrap covers it. was curious what the cleanest way would be to cut that slot. anyone else tried this mod?

i would think a Dremel tool with either a cut off wheel or 1 of those rotozip type bits would do the trick

i would be interested on your results

as i have thought a 5 - 6 shell reload would work best also

and any improvement to those damn tubes would be great

and with out useing them damn sticks

In the UK we use carbon fibre tubes the same ID as the techloader OD.

Grab a nice angle grinder and chew out the slot for the handle.

This of course also has the benefit of preventing the handle breaking out the front of the tube. (Or at least much reducing the possibility) Which others seem to like to use sticks of delrin or wood to fix.

We run up to 13 rnd tubes. Though it takes a bit to line these up, once done they work well. Especially unloaded starts.

I have a 6 which works very well and is fast, though for the extra half second using 2 techloaders for an 8 rnd tube is about right.

It takes about 5 odd sec to load the 14 from empty, gun in strong hand relaxed at side.

Drop a round in the chamber then zip 13 rnds in from the long tube.

Ive always thought that if you can keep the gun mounted and push a tube in as per pistol like a mag then you would be superfast. Alas the angles seem too weird and no shells seem to go into the mag they end up on the ground.

I guess fibreglass wrap does almost exactly the same thing as the carbon fibre.

Rich

Has anyone seen any speed loaders for a 20 ga?? I have made them out of the 12 ga by cutting the slot out and puting a ring around the tube to squeze it in to the 20 ga size. I have 4 of them now, but they only hold 4 shots.

Gene