Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2.83 on Bang and Clang

hopalong

:D

Delivered a gun this Sunday (19th) to Memphis a mere 11 hrs after getting home from USPSA Nationals, they were shooting a match and I conveniently had the "Shootin Iron" and some left over bullets so I shot while I was there.

The classifier was Bang and Clang, 2 steel on left, paper in middle and 2 steel on right, I was last shooter on squad and the others had all shot smoking runs.

was going to play it safe and go for around 3.5 and all Alphas but the challenge was offered...

2.83 Alpha, Charlie on paper (by 1/2 inch) Hit Factor of 10.4???? :)

but what was the biggest surprise, Final results come in on Monday.

Stage 4, Bang and Clang Stage winner..... Hopalong Revolver :):P:D:lol:

There were 20 shooters in the match including 1 GM and 5 M

practice is starting to pay off !!!!!! and Not having to reload <_<

The A tag is used when a classifier is more than 15 per cent above the competitor's classification bracket. It is used to keep from moving a competitor up to a class higher than they can reasonably perform.

After you hit A class the A tag will no longer apply. I moved up to 85% and change in Open a year ago based in part on a 97.XX% score and I haven't shot an 85% or better since that time. Not complaining, but moving up based on a fluke does put the shooter in a pretty tough spot.

Steve,

Not Really, I originally laid down the Para - Limited to just get the Revolver up to par with the Limited gun. I then about midway through the year decided to try for Revolver M in both USPSA and IDPA.

Now the bad news, at the Business meeting during the Nationals the way Production and Revolver classifications was talked about, Now they are just 10 % less of what Limited is.

example. if xyz classifier is a 10 hit factor for limited 100% then 9 hit factor would be 100% for PROD and REV.

What I understand is this: Revolver will be lowered to 70% instead of 90% which IMHO SUCKS, if the guys shooting revolver can't post the scores go practice !!!!

Jerry is a GM, he has practiced for 20 some odd years, and these other guys want to be a GM in 3 or 4??? Yes there are some folks out there that with that little time can and will make that level of performance but that is the exception not the rule.

If I do make M revolver in USPSA I hope to do so before the change in policy otherwise to me it would be an empty accomplishment as the standard will not be as high.

Sam Keen / Hopalong