Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer Ar lowers

mike4045

Has anyone had any experience with these? I just got 2 from a buddy. I have std lowers, but got these as extras. I am curious if they will hold up long term. I may build it into a back up gun or one just for carbine matches. They are New Frontier brand. I guess as a bonus they are consecutive serials. Maybe try a different caliber upper on it.

Mike

A buddy of mine loves his. If you want to sell one let me know, I have been wanting one to build a super light AR.

This is what a friend is saying about his. I think he has about 5k on one without any issues so far.

I used one from plum crazy and after about 500 rds it started flexing and accuracy went to hell. I wasnt impressed with the polymer lower and wont use one again.

The lower would have no effect on the inherent accuracy of the rifle. A flexing lower COULD have an effect on the shooters ability to shoot the rifle accurately though.

I have an FA lower in my #2 AR and it works fine. With a DPMS Sportical upper it is considerably lighter than my Stag 3G 3-gun AR. I replaced a few parts with metal ones like the trigger and the safety/selector. I know to avoid taking the rear takedown pin out and letting it flop over on the front pin. Other than that I have shot a couple of IDPA carbine/rifle matches with it with no issues. Even put a CMMG conversion in it and shot the 2nd day of the 2012 Ruger Rimfire World Championship after having an issue the first day with one of my S&W AR15-22s. Shot clean the 2nd day and managed to outdo my 2011 overall by 1 position (22nd vs. 23rd OA). Not sure I would throw it around into the barrels like at 3-gun events but I would use it in a pinch.

I have one Plum Crazy lower (truck gun) and 4 FA lowers and they are all just great. The FA's required slight opening of some of the holes to accept things like mag release button, etc, but easy to do with careful use of a dremel tool.

Mark