Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Membership?

trp

When you become a member do you get a number like uspsa and how quickly do you get it?

In other words if I sign up to night and send in my credit card info could I shoot the classfier this Sunday?

What happens after you fill the paper work out

If you do not have your number by then, just explain this to the SO and ask if you can provide your number by email or telephone as soon a you have it.

IDPA is a small operation. On the plus side your classification is posted quickly on their Web site.

As Nic said.

Our club held a classifier a week and a half ago.

Since then, three people who just joined have phoned IDPA to get their new IDPA numbers and forwarded them to me. So I've entered their classifications into the IDPA database along with those of the other people who shot the match.

I think it may take a few weeks before your official card arrives in the mail, but once you've joined and paid online, don't hesitate to phone the number at the bottom of their web page and ask for your new ID number. When you join, you'll get some kind of confirmation number, but that's NOT what is needed to upload your scores. Your member number will be something like A12345.

As Nic said.

Our club held a classifier a week and a half ago.

Since then, three people who just joined have phoned IDPA to get their new IDPA numbers and forwarded them to me. So I've entered their classifications into the IDPA database along with those of the other people who shot the match.

I think it may take a few weeks before your official card arrives in the mail, but once you've joined and paid online, don't hesitate to phone the number at the bottom of their web page and ask for your new ID number. When you join, you'll get some kind of confirmation number, but that's NOT what is needed to upload your scores. Your member number will be something like A12345.

Thanks that's what I was looking for

For USPSA, indeed, once the scores are uploaded, they're in the database, and if you are UN at this point, your classy score will not count.

Difference is IDPA has one classifer and one only, and SOs have a bit more latitude with score uploads.