Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell mod


Recommended Posts

1. Can someone please tell what the modification to the bottom of this magwell is called?

2. What is the benefit of having it? Better grip of magazines?

3. Does anyone have any experience with them and have pics of theirs (with and without mags)?




Edited by forfakes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with Steve, basically just to look different. I would just call it a bevel, but the manufacturer might have some fancy name for it. Being a retired LEO I can see where the manufacturer might claim that the bevel would help with concealed carry, but in the real world it would be negligible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Primarily cosmetic, but it does offer some benefit in reducing the profile slightly and softening the outer edges of the mag well. I'm not a fan of using magwells on carry guns, but if you are going to use one, this is a better arrangement than a stock S&A mag well. Forget who did this first, but I've seen a number of smiths copy it since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...