Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Historian?!?!?!?

38SuperDub

I suspect that the position of 'historian' is not a permanent position but rather a short-term prospect, similar to a commission. Perhaps they are seeking an author to go through all the information USPSA has and perhaps contact those that were there through the first decades of the association and document the history.

With all the data and media (photos and video) that is being collected now the ongoing maintenance/updates to the ongoing story of USPSA would be a simple matter, little different than what is contained in each edition of Front Sight magazine.

The Historian is intended to preserve the history of USPSA. From the beginning to now. Not just so people can see pictures of a young goofy looking Rob Leatham instead of a geriatric goofy looking Rob Leatham. The hope is that we can also preserve what has been done before, what the reasons we did it are, and what happened as a result. A lot of things coming down the pipe are a result of decisions made by people who are long off the BOD. Some of them aren't even alive anymore. Heck, that's a reason to do it now. A lot of the pioneers of USPSA and IPSC are, well getting on a bit. If we pass on the opportunity to document our history now, it may not be around to do in the future.

I like this idea. I tried to buy a collection of "Gungames" magazines awhile back for just this reason but couldn't afford it. If this type of material is preserved for shooting geeks like me I think it is great.

• 2 weeks later...