Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the trick to installing this?

So what's the trick to replacing the Case Insert Slide Spring? When I attach the slide spring pin to the insert slide spring cup to the slide spring there is not enough room in the case insert slide hole to allow me to line up the screw to screw in the entire assembly and screw it in place ....?

Not what I was hoping to here ... Did you remove any other parts to make it 'easier'? Also, did you attach the spring, spring cup and pin together and then install as a unit or did you put the parts in separately ...?

Not what I was hoping to here ... Did you remove any other parts to make it 'easier'? Also, did you attach the spring, spring cup and pin together and then install as a unit or did you put the parts in separately ...?

Yeah, I know.

Look at page 52 of the owners manual.

You have to remove the PLATFORM to gain access to the SPRING. I placed the spring on the RING INDEXER, then placed the RING INDEXER over the RAM, hooked the SPRING to the PLATFORM and then, gently, installed the PLATFORM back on the RAM.

As I said, PERSEVERENCE.

Repete why are you talking about the indexing return spring while he wants to know about the Case Insert Spring? They are two very different springs.

Brian

You're right - I apologise.

The answer is still perseverance.

Install the spring, install and orient the spring cap, using a jewellers screwdriver, push the cap in until you can get the screw in place, then, using your trusty Allen wrench, gently turn in the screw - without cross threading it.

well amazing enough it only took about 2 mins to install once I attached the spring cup to the spring, pushed it into the slot & held it back with one of the small allen wrenches from thew press to the point where the screw hole was visible & then scrwed the bolt into place. once I let the spring go it snapped into place on the spring cup ... better lucky than good any day ...