Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger job for M&P

jason237m

Ditto on the APEX kit! I installed one in my M&P Pro, including the new trigger, and it was the best $180 dollars I have ever spent on a trigger job. As for stipling, have you thought about grip tape? Dawsons Precision has pre-cut tape for the M&Ps.

Doug

believe it or not dan is cheaper and no parts to buy, all factory, including the travel work

Cha-lee do believe you and have try some who did it there self. but all i ever did was get pissed and wasted money. because i already had 3 or 4 that he already done. and could never get the 1911 style feel. travel kicked my butt.

Ditto on the APEX kit! I installed one in my M&P Pro, including the new trigger, and it was the best $180 dollars I have ever spent on a trigger job. As for stipling, have you thought about grip tape? Dawsons Precision has pre-cut tape for the M&Ps.

Doug

When you are here for the Noveske Match, you can try a trigger Charlie did. He is going to be ROing a stage.

Cha-lee,

I have a 9L for USPSA and picked up a Pro and plan on it being a backup/IPSC gun.

Any info on how to smooth out the trigger but still keeping it at around 6lbs?(for IPSC)

The best way to increase the trigger pull weight is to use the APEX Carry/Duty Spring Kit. This will include a heavier trigger return spring and sear spring. This usually makes it about 4 - 5 lbs. If you want the trigger pull heavier than that you will have to cut one coil off of the trigger return spring and bend the next coil out so it can be retained on the trigger pin like the standard coil is. Doing this will preload the spring more and create a heavier trigger pull.

Doug

believe it or not dan is cheaper and no parts to buy, all factory, including the travel work

Cha-lee do believe you and have try some who did it there self. but all i ever did was get pissed and wasted money. because i already had 3 or 4 that he already done. and could never get the 1911 style feel. travel kicked my butt.

I am not saying that doing trigger jobs on M&P's by modifying the existing parts is so easy that anyone can do it. I am just saying that with patience and practice it can be done. It takes me about 2 - 3 hours of work to do a trigger job from start to finish and that is after a lot of experience in knowing exactly what needs to be adjusted and by how much. There is a bunch of iterations of adjusting parts, put it all together, bench test, then take it all apart and adjust some more. I on average I probably take apart and reassemble the gun at least 10 times while fine tuning the adjustments. And that is the average, I have had some evil ones go through the process 20 - 30 times before I get it where I want it.

If you don't have the patience to fully detail strip and reassemble your gun 15 - 20 times while setting up a trigger one adjustment at a time then you should leave it up to someone else that does have the patience to do it right.

Doug

I am not saying that doing trigger jobs on M&P's by modifying the existing parts is so easy that anyone can do it. I am just saying that with patience and practice it can be done. It takes me about 2 - 3 hours of work to do a trigger job from start to finish and that is after a lot of experience in knowing exactly what needs to be adjusted and by how much. There is a bunch of iterations of adjusting parts, put it all together, bench test, then take it all apart and adjust some more. I on average I probably take apart and reassemble the gun at least 10 times while fine tuning the adjustments. And that is the average, I have had some evil ones go through the process 20 - 30 times before I get it where I want it.

If you don't have the patience to fully detail strip and reassemble your gun 15 - 20 times while setting up a trigger one adjustment at a time then you should leave it up to someone else that does have the patience to do it right.

that's me, after just a few try's i am ready to break out the bigger hammer!

I have tried many M&P trigger jobs. Cha-lee gave me the best Production-legal M&P trigger I have ever tried. And his results are consistent. The man is genius with the M&P trigger. His Limited trigger is sublime. Cheers.

-br

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had time to test out one of the Burwell triggers I had done. Nothing but good things to say. The stippling job he offers is also excellent. Very impressed with the work done, worth the cost, and effort of sending repeated emails. The turnaround time was also impressive. The trigger is worlds better than stock, and far superior to the Apex parts. I'm not getting down on the Apex offerings. I own some. I do think the Apex parts are a big improvement over stock and a good value when you consider the performance you get for what they cost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I second nhjeffs' opinion of Doug with ATEi. I just got back an M&P I had sent to him. I had him mill the slide for an RMR, swap out the factory sights for AmeriGlo suppressor sights, trigger job and stipple/trigger undercut. Wow doesn't describe the quality of work Doug performs.

I plan on using this pistol as an Open gun for SCSA and USPSA. I have another M&P that I plan on sending to him for the trigger work and stippling as a Production gun.

Apex makes a great trigger, but I prefer to keep the internals as stock as possible.

Cheers,

I recommend trying it yourself after doing two of mine. The experience and understanding if how your gun works is far worth a few dollars for replacement sears. I managed to not trash one but it's easy to do. Gave me a much better pull than the apex parts that were in it did.