Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 Slide?

G34 CORDY

Yes, a glock 22/35/24 all have the same frame. You run into issues with Gen 3 frame and Gen 4 slide due to differences in gen 4 slides. I believe Gen 4 frame will work with gen 3 slides but you will have a small gap at the end of the frame. I might have the gen 3/4 thing backwards but positive on 22/24/35 being compatible.

Mine is a Gen 3, where can you buy just the slide? I seen one at Lone Wolfe but no factory ones. And is there any benefit with the 24 slide compared to the 35 slide? I know the 24 is longer but any recoil reduction or being more accurate?

I have a 6" lone wolf slide on my G20 was toying with the tactical length which is similar to the G35 length. I am happy with the longer sight radius and I like the feel of the additional weight and my percived reduction of recoil. To me the extra weight is a benefit although as I improve my skill I will be toying with the idea of having some cuts done to speed up the cycling speed. The gun is certainly fast enough my my skills.

I shoot a G34 in production also, the sight radius difference between 5.35" & 6" is noticeable to me. Close targets with quick transitions take a little getting used to with the longer slide.

As far as where to find them...G24's can be tough to find let alone just a slide. I have seen them on GunBroker, your best bet for factory is someone on the board having one laying around.

Lone wolf's slides can be hit or miss. I have read some horror stories and for others they work great. Mine took some tweaking and playing with different recoil springs but overall I've been pretty happy.

Lone wolf was very easy to work with and answered my many questions quickly. They offered to replace my slide is I really felt it was defective....ultimately it wasn't defective, just needed some breaking in and finding the right combination of springs. I've been keeping an eye out for G20 frames to put my factory length slide on but also a lone wolf tactical length slide on as a back up or shoot L10 if forced to.

I have a LW 6" slide on my G20 with a KKM conversion .40 barrel. I've had a "hitch" in it which makes it bind. I'm not a gunsmith but I'm sending it off this winter. I love the way the recoil feels in this big frame! FWIW I'd buy the coffin cut slide, mine is with out the cut and I'm going to have it milled to reduce weight.

Armando Valdez used to compete with a completely stock G24 & is regarded to be one of the greats in Limited division, well at that time. I don't recall having seen the slides for sale new, but some companies were selling the top ends. If I remember correctly, at one time there was a Glock competition package that came with both 22 & 24 top ends & you could just swap top ends for competition, then when done, switch back to stock for carry or duty.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile.

Jimmcc,

I am/was having what sounds like a similar issue with the binding. I found it to be the recoil spring being forced into the barrel and rubing. Lone Wolf provides washers that slide on the barrel between the spring and end screw. Seems to have eliminated my problem of the slide not being able to move freely and jamming after every other shot. Ran 1 stage, a total disaster with jams, rounds not ejecting, slide binding and getting stuck not releasing forward after shots(nothing to do with slide release). I have since tested after installing the washer and had 200 rounds at the range without jamming. Still haven't gotten the confidence back to shoot in a match though. Hopefully soon.

I'd be curious to hear what a gunsmith would have to say.