Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting ready for a match...and then can't go

eerw

Ok..its been years since I have shot at Rio Salado..( A2 ) and this year I am set..

got the entry in..getting set to send the check to confirm..and BAM..you know it..

gotta work, got sick, gun broke, no money, family sick...what ever..

YOU CAN"T GO!!!!!! :angry:

sometimes..I just hate how things can stack up and you just end up more stressed...aaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

well I guess there is next year...

sorry to hear about your misfortune. i on the other hand registered for eight majors in march and if i make it to the nationals next week i will have fulfilled all of my matches. this is the first year i've shot this many major and i've got to say, i've had a great time doing so. next year i would like to hit all of the area matches and a couple state level matches as well.

Welcome to my world.  And my friend, rhino, doesn't completely understand why I am hesitant (at best) to sign up for matches in August and later.  Can anyone spell H-U-R-R-I-C-A-N-E?

Oh, I understand completely. I'm just extremely pushy. Never attribute to ignorance what can be explained by an overbearing personality. ;)

I had to cancel my attendance at the Kentucky state match a couple of years in a row back in the 1990s. Mark Cicero and the others running it back then were VERY cool about it, and I am still grateful for their understanding.

Several years back, registered for Rio Salado, sent my $ in bought a plane ticket, hotel, etc. The morning before, I was duck hunting, my brown dog got sick, Took him to the vet , Had to have a kidney removed, Lost the plane ticket, The match fee, said they would send it back but no dice, I feel your pain! :(

Ivan SCS Vegas