Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super loaded ammo

chp5

A friend of mine has graciously agreed to let me play with his .38 Super Open gun for a while (thanks Singlestack). I’m not set up to reload for it.

Is there anywhere I can buy major PF 38 Super?

Thanks.

Cy

We Have 38 super Rimless IPSC ammunition. What I mean By IPSC is that it is loaded hotter and longer that standard 38 super. It will make major in a standard comp gun.

Ivan

Armscor

1-775-537-1444

Great - thanks!

Chp5,

Why not try 9mm major? We have a lot of experienced folks in our area! JL Hardy, Roger, Jim, Myself and others can talk to you about it, and Madscientist can certainly give you info on 9mm open Glocks. Will you be at Cherokee this weekend? I'll be there, and you can try a my, "shorty" in 9mm major. It is a little different in configuration than Singlestack's .. I think he has three hybrid holes, mine has two , but a comparison might be helpful to you. The reason I ask, is that I thought I remembered you loading 9mm for Production, and thought you'd have the "tools"

Carl Mongrue

Chp5,

Why not try 9mm major? We have a lot of experienced folks in our area! JL Hardy, Roger, Jim, Myself and others can talk to you about it, and Madscientist can certainly give you info on 9mm open Glocks. Will you be at Cherokee this weekend? I'll be there, and you can try a my, "shorty" in 9mm major. It is a little different in configuration than Singlestack's .. I think he has three hybrid holes, mine has two , but a comparison might be helpful to you. The reason I ask, is that I thought I remembered you loading 9mm for Production, and thought you'd have the "tools"

Carl Mongrue

Hi Carl!

I think 9 major is a great way to go, but for now I'm just seeing if I like the Open thing. John was kind enough to offer let me play with his Super so that 's the ammo I need.

I can't be at Cherokee this week, but I'd love to shoot your 9 sometime.

Cy

he loaded 1000 supers for one of my friends and did a great job.

If he'll reload to a specific load, then this sounds interesting! The next time my press slows me down enough that I feel I have to do something else ...

Kevin

If John likes you enough to let you shoot his gun maybe he will load you some ammo. :)

LOL! He's shooting Limited right now and I don't want to push my luck. I can imagine that conversation:

"Hey man, can I borrow your Open blaster? Oh yeah, how about the mags and maybe a holster? Oh, and then I need some ammo . . . " :wacko:

Steve was really cool about it. My buddy had never had an open gun or loaded any ammo and I did not have time to do it right then and there. Just getting back into shooting and all.

Steve actually took the gun and tried several powder and bullet combinations go find one that ran well in that gun. But I am sure if you have a pet load he could do that as well.

Cy,

Georgia arms is currently selling supper comp loads using the load that they supply to the army team.Carlos is using that load and may have some that you could buy from him but catch him before he goes to Nts.By the way Bob is Taking orders this week and might could slip some in for ya . But that would require a trip to L Ville for the pic up. Might be worth that one token match A.

If you cant find some ammo let me Know I am not shooting Cherokee and you are welcome to shoot my open gun with ammo and rig.

Johhnie