Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-15 vs Colt CRP-18 Pro

heckofagator

Hey guys,

I had planned on getting into the sport in 2013 with the purchase of a rifle later on in the year. Recent events have made me think that I should probably do something sooner rather than later.

I've been doing a little reading and had always thought I'd decide between the Loki and the JP, but now with Loki out of the picture and Colt out with a new rifle, I think those are my two choices now. Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience to know how to compare these very well.

I do have a Colt LE6920 now, so just to be different, I think the JP would be nice. Hear tons of good about them, but I do like the fluted barrel of the Colt, too.

Any huge differences between these two, or would it really be a coin flip situation? The Colt would seem to save a couple hundred maybe, but I just want to make sure I buy right the first time.

Also, I think there are a couple of places that might stock the JP15? Can anyone post a couple sites like that?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I kinda figured that would start happening. I'd probably need a week or two to move some $$ around, so I'm not looking to buy this week, but perhaps first week or two in Jan. And I'm probably ok just to order via JP directly, as I don't NEED something immediately, either.

I've shot a couple of JP's and handled a Colt. You cant beat JP for fit and finish. The Colt has a couple cool features but didn't really do much for me. JP's Lightweight contour 18" is pretty awesome for 3 gun. If you cant find a complete rifle or upper in stock don't be afraid to put one together, its not that hard. Barrel kits are easier to find sometimes.

http://www.midwayusa...all-compensator

link is for a 16 but you get the idea

Edited by blairmckenzie1

I too started out with the 6920. A few months ago, I splurged on a CTR-02. It is hands down the BEST rifle I have ever handled. Everything product I've used from JP has been of the highest quality I have seen.

You will not be dissatisfied with any of the JP rifles.

I can offer this;

I called 67 gun stores/dealers in Florida today trying to get a JP-15, Stag 3G, Colt CRP-18 or something close to being an out of the box 3gun rifle. No luck on any of those rifles, had to settle on a Colt CRE-18 today for $1,400. BTW, get mags now if you can, those will be very hard to get in the next few months. I was only able to get two metal 30rds today.

Best of luck in your quest for an AR. If you would like info on some store in FL that do have some AR's (Bushmaster types) send me a pm. I can give you the info on who I called today.