Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 JM Pro: Can welded lifter cause feeding problems?

shuter

Just got the chance to shoot my 930 JM Pro for the first time after having the lifter welded. It worked perfectly before (stock lifter), but now, occasionally, will have a fail to feed. the shell hangs up on the lip of the chamber/barrel. A tug back on the charging handle, or pushing on the shell takes care of it, driving the shell into the chamber every time.

Can the "longer" lifter be pushing the shell a tad too high? This happened with all three of the same ammo types that worked 100% prior to welding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shuter

Yup, bend the tip a bit. Had issues with my M1 when i first got it. The lifter has just been done and wasnt bent down and forcing shells too high into the top of the chamber and jamming. took it out and put it in the vise to bend it slightly and its been 100% ever since.

My 930 JM was doing this prior to having the lifter welded. So, I sent it to Triangle Shooting in TX to have Benny's team go over it. Lifter now welded up and shells seem to be missing the "hang up" now. Looks like they may have broken/eased the sharp rear edge of the barrel extension a little.

Edited by wgj3

I got my JM Pro lifter welded by Jeff at C-Rums last month. When I re-installed it noticed that with the tube empty it would slightly hang on the follower not allowing it to fall completely. I took a file and some sandpaper to it, removing enough material and profiling the end to give about 0.015 clearance. Works like a champ and no more trapped thumbs.