Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pump Shotgun for 3 Gun

Chuck D

Picked up a Nova today with 26" barrel. Waiting for the +6 nordic tube to come in stock at brownell's so I can order it and a couple of other things.

Is there a specific front sight or sight combo that is desirable or considerable better than the current mid-bead and red FO out front?

What about side saddles on the receiver or buttstock. In Central IA there a few and far between 3 gun matches so I think having 15 rounds on the gun would do me for most courses of fire. If the permanently attached ones are ill advised is the slip on buttstock saddle a bad idea?

How about chokes, I believe mine came with IC, F and M. What would you suggest?

Thanks guys

I think I may still have a black Nordic +5 or 6 with the spring and follower that I purchased for my Beretta xtrema 2 duck gun before buying my SLP, pretty sure they are the same for the nova's. Only used once since my 28" barrel was just way too long. I'll check and let you know if you're interested.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going to beat the Benelli Super Nova.

870's are the worst shotguns on the planet. I've owned 3 and each was a pos that would bind and lock up during cycling. Before you ask, yes one of them was the glorified 870P

I have had 2 870's for duck guns and both did the same as above. My dads duck gun, the same. Only one I have shot that worked right was an OLD wing master. Replaced with a nova that hasn't missed a beat, but neither have my berettas.

Everyone has a different sight preference. I use the triangle high viz fiberoptic front. Some people like to dove tail a rear flip up as well. I had a 10/22 rear sight added to my super mova, but to be honest I hit better without it.

Thanks Heshin, sent you a pm

Co-exprs, I'll have to look around and see what I can find locally to get my hands on. I figure it'll be like pistol sights and AR optics, try a few until I find what I like.