Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major, is it worth it?

NukeMech

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot NukeMech's gun after the match, and I was expecting a lot more recoil. I'm pretty sure I could shoot it just as fast as I choose to shoot my poodle shooter without any problems. It may be a good choice for me.

In fact, I may be able to go faster. With .223 being minor, I don't like to get the "no penalty mikes" (D hits), so I tend to be very deliberate when I shoot a rifle course of fire. A C hit is less troublesome if you're shooting major, I might be inclined to push a little harder.

Benny, Kind of Sounds like it to me.....

So much for a friendly competition between KURT, BENNY, and poor ole HOPALONG as now they really have something to prove.

See ya'll there and we will see what comes of this when the smoke clears.

Sam

It seems like course design could shift the odds toward a .308. If the rifle courses have all paper targets at 200+ yards and require only one shot per target, it seems like the speed advantage of the .223 might be reduced a bit. But then that's not going to happen!

I have to agree with the .223 with less recoil being faster that .308 on heavy double tap stages....it is a ipsc thing. But, it did not proven so in the Oklahoma 3gun USPSA match when a .308 took 3rd rifle limited (and 2nd in the match limited) against the .223's.

If the stages are set up without being a hose fest, but rather a skill testing stage (IE RM3G match stages).....I feel the playing field levels out (excluding the capacity issue).

Long live the Girlie 110 men! (kurt don't fall of your bar stool laughing!)

Garret

Don't worry Benny, I will keep the HONOR and hold up my end of the Bargain, sorry to hear about the barrell, <_< Maybe you should try something a little heavier that 125 grain bullets :lol: (could not resist that one)

Kurt jsut because Benny cant shoot his doesn't mean you can't either :angry:

I was even thinking about taking the dot off.... but since you are going to shoot the MOUSE I guess me and the RAT gun will just have to play by ourselves.

See Ya'll there, with what ever you bring.... I don't care just show up :)

SAM / Hopalong