Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do all gas blow back guns break easily?

cyprant

From my short time messing with 2 Airsoft guns. They seem to be toys that break after a while. They are not as robust as the guns we are used to shooting thousands of rounds through with little trouble.

Having said that I am going to keep looking for one to practice with, as it is very good practice that I can do in the winter when it is dark every day when I get home. I have already seen results in my ability to get my sights on target quicker after 4k rounds shooting steel in my basement.

I find it hard to take a lot of time to dry fire. If I get in an hour a week that is way above average. This week I have 3+ hours shooting Airsoft. It is fun so I do it.

Even if you only get 6,000 rounds out of your airsoft gun before it takes a complete dump, you are still way ahead money wise and also in terms of repetitions on technique than using live-fire....even if compared to shooting .22 ammo. Not to mention time and fuel cost traveling to and from a live-fire range. I've got a whole cupboard full of broken airsoft guns, I consider them a badge of honor, plus I've got at this time 460,000 rounds of airsoft bb's downrange and counting since about 2002. No possible way I could have ever gotten that much practice with live-fire without winning the lottery.

+1 on KWA, I got the 1911 MKIV PTP (Professional Training Pistol)

The warranty service is excellent, no hassle or runaround. (It broke?, here's a brand new one with a free extra magazine)

f_1911mkiv_sa.jpg

On the other hand, my targets break all the time. I made my own little silhouettes out of the local Ace Hardware brand of acrylic sheeting, and they crack after 100 or so hits. Need to come with up something else to shoot at...

Edited by KSwift

• 4 weeks later...

I concur, I bought the KWA ATP and I am very happy with it. Its an excellent training tool. For targets, I made some frames out of 1" wide 1/4" think wood from the craft store. Make the frames for the size of target you wish to use. Staple the target to the wood frames. I then attached the wood frame with glue to a 2" think piece of foam backing to catch the BB's. This helps to eliminate BB's on the floor or ground and keeps the wife happy too. If you want you can stick the foam on sticks that are stuck in the ground, two sided tape them to trees/walls etc.

Good luck, practice a lot and have fun