Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Grip

BOOST

Once in a great while, from the draw, I'll get a bad grip. Even though I know this I will just continue to shoot ( why?!) during this moment I tell myself to concentrate harder on my sights. At the end of the course of fire, most times , I'll shoot clean but will get Deltas and add couple of seconds. But this past match I had a stage that had 2 mikes and maybe additional 5 seconds to my time.

Some causes to this is could be awkward start positions and/or excessive ProGrip.

I want to know what you guys doing . Do you train with a bad grip? Do you simply adjust(add a second or few to your time) ? Or just shoot ?

Edited by BOOST

Once in a great while, from the draw, I'll get a bad grip. Even though I know this I will just continue to shoot ( why?!) during this moment I tell myself to concentrate harder on my sights. At the end of the course of fire, most times , I'll shoot clean but will get Deltas and add couple of seconds. But this past match I had a stage that had 2 mikes and maybe additional 5 seconds to my time.

Some causes to this is could be awkward start positions and/or excessive ProGrip.

I want to know what you guys doing . Do you train with a bad grip? Do you simply adjust(add a second or few to your time) ? Or just shoot ?

Keep working for greater hand strength. If you are right handed when you apply the Progrip just apply to the finger tip pads and outer palm area of the left hand and the area just in front of the knuckles of the right hand. This application will allow some adjustment movement before your grip is locked in. Depending on the gun add grip tape or texture the grip. When practicing the draw, work on just acquiring the grip separately from the full draw. The stronger your grip is the less you have to depend on Progrip. Use alcohol to keep your hands dry between stages.

Edited by toothguy