Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best .45 compact

jdk70

Whoops, nevermind... I happened to stumble into an STI tactical 45 today that's been chopped to a commander slide, dust cover cut back, C&S fire controls put in, and 4 dawson tuned mags for a price I'm almost embrassaed to mention... ok $400. heheh guess that will be holding me for a while on the CCW aspect

Whoops, nevermind... I happened to stumble into an STI tactical 45 today that's been chopped to a commander slide, dust cover cut back, C&S fire controls put in, and 4 dawson tuned mags for a price I'm almost embrassaed to mention... ok $400. heheh guess that will be holding me for a while on the CCW aspect

I'll give you $405 for it right now! Nice pickup :bow:

haha, well technically I traded an AR for it, but it was a cheaper parts, prize table build so I was only into it like $400. Still, I'm certain ARs will come back down and I've never seen an STI for less than I had into it.

Plus, lets be honest... I wanted it :devil:

I've had a few RIA blasters, and they all go boom when you pull the trigger and put a round in the close proximity to where I was aiming. I just seem to have been spoiled by STI stuff recently, so I think I'll go that route for a while. It's only money (I don't have) but meh, life's to short to shoot an ugly gun

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to buy a concealed carry sidearm and would like to get your opinion as to which is the best to get. I have pretty much settled on .45 Cal yet I am torn on which to get. I love all the Sig's that I have had in the past yet I hear nothing but great reviews on the Glock's these days. I am open still as to which to buy. I have been doing most comparisons between the Sig P220 vs Glock G30SF, feedback?

Love my G30sf. Very accurate. A little bigger than I would like. Check out the G36 as the single stack is a little more concealable. Depends how much capacity you are looking for. Cant go wrong either way.

Actually, Glock just started selling something that people have been doing on their own. They're calling it the G30S. It's a G30 frame and a G36 upper. Basically, a 10+1 G36 or G30 with thinner slide and G21 mag compatibility...depending on how you look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I prefer the M&P 45s at least for a .45 that's not a 1911 style. They have at least 3 sizes of 45, compact, mid and full. Compact you lose 2 rounds over the mid or full. Can't decide which size I want, but I like the sound of the mid with a 4" barrel and 10 rounds in the mag. Compact still 4" but 8 rounds and shorter grip. Food for thought. Plenty of good options out there, just whatever feels best to you.