Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW SV Sighttracker

reneet

I'm currently tracking down a Schuemann non-ported hybrid barrel to put in my 5" STI Edge.

I don't think it's LTD legal on the STI because STI has not made 500 guns like that (or any for that matter).

I defer to others that know the rules better. I'd just hate for you to do that and then find out that you now have a Open gun!

Renee,

Taran's gun was one of his "mid-length" dustcover deals, right? Full profile slide, with a small stirrup cut on an in between length dustcover? Trying to figure out how light a regular profile slide would be after the "hybrid" cut, if it would need additional lightening, or be to light or what not.

I have a STI 6" short dust cover gun needing a new barrel - I might shorten it to 5" and try this out in. By the "or components" part of the rule, and everything I've read so far on other threads, Front Sight articles, this type barrel is legal in an STI widebody.

Any preference to using the almost full length ribbed barrel (6 port), or partly ribbed barrel (4 port)? Obviously the 6 port barrel would lighten the slide the most....

The non-ported hybrid barrels are listed on Schuemann's website, and also listed at SSI - www.speedshooter.com ..... kinda pricey though. :(