Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Limited

Craig N

I have plans to get a Brazos HP Edge and a "real race" set up. I have never had an inner/outer belt setup before. I have been thinking about going with CRSpeed Versa Pouch and a Bladetech DOH but its there any reason to not just jump in with both feet and get a full DAA setup and learn off of it to start with?

No particular reason other than your accessories budget and what you want to spend on the new rig.

My Limited rig is all DAA RM. My current SS rig is a BT holster, CR mag carriers and DAA belt. I was running the DAA Low-Ride PDR modified for SS. The BT is still under evaluation, but I like it a lot.

The DAA belt is on the thick side so mounting your bits and pieces take a little more patience. Without having used a CR Speed belt, I'd guess that they are comparable.

The DAA Racer lineup is a good value and comparable in price to the CR Speed products. The DAA RM lineup is pricey, but also good stuff. I have never used a CR Speed holster so I can't comment on those but I see them a lot.

If you're comparing a BT holster to either the DAA RM or Racer holster, remember that they are completely different. I personally don't think a BT is significantly slower than a bikini/race style holster after a little practice and especially for Limited using the DOH configuration.

However, one might say that if you're going to throw down on a nice Brazos blaster, it would be something of a shame to keep it hidden in a traditional style holster... :devil:

cr versa pouches are great, keep all the adaptors that come with them and they can be used with just about any gun in all divisions. Well, might be hard to put moon clips in them. Just get a full out race holster for limited instead of something like a bladetech. Love my bladetech for production, but its still no race holster. When I shot limited I used a cr speed holster and while some people say its not as good as a ghost style holster its still why better then a bladetech for games

For belts either a CR Speed or DAA inner/outer belt system. My vote for mag pouches goes to the CR Speed pouches after having tried others; compact, affordable enough and enough adjustability for our game. For holsters I would go with the DAA Racer; its the cheaper version of the Racemaster which is fast yet very secure. And the Racer is cheaper than the CR Speed, more compact plus way more secure.