Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XS SIghts...XTI Xpress Threat Interdiction

k1kelli

Yes, just backup and close up stuff! I'll take a look at the DD RTS.

I have seen a set and they seemed low to me . The guy that had them on his rifle said the same and was going to return them. I guess he could have installed them wrong.

You are the second person that has told me they felt a bit low. I have an ap tube so I'd be mounting them on extra rails above that but I'm still suspicious.

Edited by k1kelli

They are low. If you run them on a standard height top rail they will offset just enough to see them past a LaRue scope mount. If you are running a mount with bolts or levers on the right side, they will be blocked and useless. Some scopes with large diameter windage knobs will block them also.

They are designed to be low profile on a working gun so they don't snag on things. If XS pushes them out laterally another 3/8 inch or so they will be much more usable.

Kuan

I have a set. They would be nice but won't zero. Front sight doesn't go low enough. Told them a out it and they said they knew but that's it. Just paperwieghts now. Anyone want them pm me I will sell them cheap.

Your rail and barrel have to be dead on parallel with each other for them to work properly. If your rail is running high on the business end (Like the older style Troy or the Samson Evolution) you will have elevation problems. You can cheat a little by moving the rear sight further out on the rail. Mount the front sight at the end of your rail and move the rear up until you have a radius equivalent to a pistol. This will give you quite an elevation change and make the sight alignment easier since the rear sight blade is further away from your eye. The rear is the same as their 1911 model so it will be at the proper viewing distance to begin with.

Kuan

I purchased a set of XS sights. Way too low. After canting 45 degrees, had to really adjust my hold. My cheek hurt from screwing it into the stock. Tried them on three different rifles and they were a no go. I bought Duecks and love them!

Edited by 11287