Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

race frames for glock

jedmyers

Tried the stainless and aluminum ones. They are different animals for sure. The best trigger I ever got on a Glock was with a CCF stainless frame. The stiffness totally changes the recoil impulse and the balance is different as well. Getting everything tuned takes some effort and barrel fit can be a chore. I also tried the Lone Wolf and I feel it is a better frame than stock or the CCF. The LW the best ergonomics of any of them, especially the grip and mag release, Mag dropped free without any work.

I'd still go with the Lone Wolf. Mass in the magwell, especially on a Glock, is not all it is cracked up to be. The LW magwell for their frame is functional and a bit lighter weight.

Edited by MarkCO

I'm sure you can with some patience and machining know-how. I've thought about building an open gun using a LW frame so I could try a single sided mount. It'd cure a lot of potential problems (FTE's, etc), plus it's be a pretty cool one off.

Got it...

They do help a little with the trigger. You can cut it closer on the pre-travel and over-travel since there is no flex to deal with. I found that the stainless frame transitioned slower just due to weight. I had to go up 2# on the recoil spring weight to get the same balance, and with that, the recoil impulse felt jumpier to me. I never shot it as well as the polymer framed guns.

I ended up turning it into a G34 with a threaded barrel for use with the supressor. The extra weight balanced out the suppresor weight and felt great.