Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS system adaptable to use with Tek Lok?

shuter

I'm sure this sounds ridiculous, but I've read several times on the forums that, for a new shooter, start out with the ELS system. My issue is that I have a holster, pistol mag pouches and a couple AR mag pouches that all have Tek Lok. Will Tek Lock snap over an ELS belt, and then I could add ELS attachments for shell caddies, etc. in the future?

Or, should I get a CR Speed belt and just clamp my Tek Loks on...then get Tek Lok attachments when I settle on a shell caddie arrangement?

Edited by shuter

Many tek lock items can be used with the els plates. If u are serious about 3 gun and don't have a lot invested in another system use the safariland els system. My bladeteck ar mag pouches were tek lock setup initially and I took it off and was able to screw in the els plates. Hope this helps.

You'll like the ELS. An ELS fork will replace a Tec Loc easily. We had a long shotgun-only stage and I was able to pop my pistol holster off and replace it with another shotshell caddy. I set mine up so the forks come up from the bottom. Easier for me to pinch them at the top. Plus I figured the solid part of the fork would have more resistance to pulling out if something got jammed.

You can snap the tek-lock on the ELS belt without a problem. It is also relatively inexpensive to convert your holster and mag pouches from tek-lock to the els attachment system. I think a 3 pack is like $18? I have converted all my tek-lock to els for 3 gun.