Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun ready rifles

Iggy42

Have you considered purchasing a complete lower and upper set up the way you want it? You can certainly put together a quality rifle that way also.

I have, but I have no idea what to get and what to avoid so I planned on getting a complete rifle to learn on while I worked toward a nice build just how I want it since it will take me quite a while to save that kind of cash.

That is what I did. I scored a Stag 3GH upper off GB. Decided I wanted to cut costs but not quality. Went with an Aero-Precision lower because it is the same lower forging they make for Spikes Tactical but with their own same stamped into it.. Then put in my own Geissele S3G trigger and used some Ergo stock and grip pieces I got off a prize table. Cheap but vary useable Firefield (Sightmark) 1-6x24, Dueck offset irons and I swapped off the Stag Comp for an AR-Stoner competition comp (very similar to Rolling Thunder comp).

Jp is out of my price range

While I have heard of Doublestar, I have not heard anything about quality of their rifles.

I have to admit I am liking that Loki rifle, I guess I will have to add it to the mix with the Stag and Colt.

Buy once, cry once.. A JP15 is within a couple hundred dollars of a Colt.

Wow, that thing's a beast! I just got a CRP-18 and put on a new grip, BAD lever, Ambi-safety, and Meopta on it last night. No idea when I'll get to shoot it, but I can't wait to try it out!

Congrats on your CRP-18! I think the BAD levers are sick! (We're not sure that BAD lever will fit on my .308) Also, I was toying with the idea of going with the Meopta ZD for glass. Currently have the VX-6, but am considering switching it to the VX-6 multigun...just not sure how easy they are to find right now.) I think you're going to love it! I'm excited to see what you think about it! I can't wait to shoot mine either!

Mine is a semi-prototype. (Although, not sure how prototype it is. They seemed to have things pretty dialed in.)They should be available this January! I guess in this instance...it's who ya know. (The boss man.)

Anyone know how to post pictures in these threads where the picture actually shows up? Sending links is lame...

GregSmith-

"semi-prototype?" Any affiliation with Bold Ideas?

BTW, I wrote up a post on my initial thoughts on the CRP-18.

http://www.recoilspo...etition-crp-18/

Man, I'm champing at the bit to shoot it!

Yeah, Bolt Ideas is the company that is doing all of the Colt Competition stuff. (But it's not like any gun now days isn't a menagerie or high-end parts.)The Colt Pro .308 will be ready in January. I don't know how much I can say, so I will keep it limited. I will just say I have connections and got one as an anniversary present from my wife. Holy cow! You're in Portland??? I'm in Wilsonville. Where do you shoot?

It's "semi-prototype" because the head-honcho from Colt hasn't got his yet to ok everything, and there might be a change or two he might want. You never know.

Ha! What a small world. I'm in SW Portland/Multnomah Village area. I'm a member at TCGC and shoot PR and USPSA there as well as the occasional 3Gun an F-Class. Just can't get enough.

And how cool is your wife?!?!?

Well let me know if you need a reviewer for that thing.

:)

Ha! What a small world. I'm in SW Portland/Multnomah Village area. I'm a member at TCGC and shoot PR and USPSA there as well as the occasional 3Gun an F-Class. Just can't get enough.

And how cool is your wife?!?!?

Well let me know if you need a reviewer for that thing.

My parents just got memberships there (At age 63 and 68) and I'm stongly considering getting a membership there too! If you see someone shooting the Colt .308 before January, it's ME! Come say hi and you can shoot it! P.S. the wife is very cool...no matter how much I had to beg her to get me one! :)

Cool that your folks are members. Do they compete? Just wondering if I know them.

I did get to shoot a Colt modular 308/223 rifle this summer which was pretty cool. Iain totally blew holes through my steel plates with it.

I "thought" it was AR500. Whoops!